Build The Rewarding, Life-Changing Career You’re Proud OfThe AFPA Holistic Health Coach Certification program provides comprehensive training in both health coaching and holistic nutrition.
Demand for health and wellness is higher than ever and growing fast. How will you tap into this $4.2 trillion market?
The global wellness industry is a $4.2 trillion market, and the wellness economy has grown 6.4% annually, nearly twice as fast as global economic growth (3.6%).
Help Others Live as Their Absolute Best.
Become a Certified Holistic Health Coach Today.
What Can I Do As a Holistic Health Coach?
As an AFPA Certified Holistic Health Coach trained in natural complementary nutrition, you’ll be able to:
- Coach and educate clients on how to achieve and sustain healthy habits as part of a daily routine that includes eating healthy, exercising, managing triggers and eliminating stress, maintaining healthy relationships, and more.
- Empower your clients to achieve optimal and lasting health by addressing any imbalances caused by improper nutrition, a stressful lifestyle, poor sleep quality, a lack of exercise, and more.
- Educate clients on how to identify and change any sources of ill health.
- Create strategies for identifying healthy environments and start a support program to help clients in reaching their personal wellness objectives.
- Recognize when it is necessary to refer clients to their primary care physicians for treatments and/or diagnoses and learn how to communicate this to your client.
The Total Package
You get access to BOTH certification programs.
Health & Wellness Certification Coach program focuses on:
- The different coaching processes
- How to be an effective coach
- How to elicit behavior change from your clients
- How health is not only specifically dependent on diet and exercise but also on supportive relationships, meaningful work, work/life balance, spirituality, and more
- Client-focused support — aiming to decrease stress and areas of life contributing to poor health and a limited mindset
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program focuses on:
- Providing the learner with the fundamental biochemical knowledge of human nutrition.
- Describing how nutrient needs change across the human life cycle
- Providing a holistic and integrative focus of well-being as it relates to nutrition and eating, and vice versa, based on the multiple dimensions of wellness
- Environmental, community, and societal factors that affect food and eating behaviors
- The science of health behavior change as applied to nutrition coaching
- The nutrition and health coaching process, from the first meeting to ending a coaching relationship
- How to launch a nutrition coaching business
Collectively, these programs will teach you exactly what you need to know about:
- Basic Holistic Anatomy
- Nutrition Essentials
- Eating & Exercising
- Wellness & Stress Management
- Understanding & Preventing Disease
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Health Coaching
- Healthy Relationships
- Coaching Best Practices
- Client Assessments and Meal Planning
- Building Your Business and Clientele
As Seen in These Great Publications
Launch A Career That You Created
Getting your Holistic Health Coach Certification with AFPA will provide you with the expert instruction, tools, and knowledge to facilitate behavior change that will lead your clients—and you!—to a natural, happier, healthier lifestyle.
Our holistic health coach certification program emphasizes vital healthy living practices, including:
- Lifestyle wellness
- Physical fitness
- Optimal nutrition
- Alternative therapies
- Health coaching concepts
- Motivation strategies
Is Holistic Health Coaching Right For Me?
You’re interested in working with clients one-on-one and guiding them toward how making lasting, meaningful behavioral changes to enhance their lives.
If these benefits of being a Holistic Health Coach excite you, then you’re in the right place:
- Flexibility: With a Holistic Counselor Certification, you can work for yourself or at a medical office, wellness center, spa, gym, training center, university, and beyond. Many corporations are also hiring health coaches as part of wellness programs that provide incentives for employees who make healthy choices and changes. You can work one-on-one with clients on your own time or full-time as part of a care team with other health professionals to help treat chronic disease.
- Easy Entry: You could spend years going to school to become a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant—or you could get your Holistic Health Coach certification and bring your passion and expertise to clients more quickly. If you aren’t science savvy or don’t have the tens of thousands of dollars needed for a four-year degree, health coaching is a great way to put your passion into practice sooner.
- Change-Maker: Teaching clients how to implement lasting behavior change through evidence-based methods is extremely rewarding—for you, your clients, and their families. As a Holistic Health Coach, you have the skills to battle the epidemic of chronic disease one person at a time.
Endless Opportunities for Professional Growth
AFPA programs are trusted by elite health professionals worldwide. It’s not uncommon for a Holistic Health Coach to charge $100-$150 per session or as much as $200-$500 an hour.
You could earn upwards of $87,000 per year source.
Find Your Dream Workplace
You’ll have access to AFPA’s business resources to help you establish a successful holistic health coaching business. As a certified health entrepreneur, you can live out your dream on your own time, in your own way. You’ll learn step-by-step how to establish a reputable coaching business that will allow you to meet with clients in a variety of settings, whether a physical therapy center, hospital, coffee shop, or at home.
Become an Entrepreneur
Getting certified with AFPA will provide you with the education, tools, and knowledge to help your clients achieve their nutrition, personal health, and lifestyle goals.
There are endless career paths! As a graduate of the program, you might find yourself working in professional spaces like health clubs, wellness centers, rehab centers, private medical offices, corporate environments, or educational institutions.
Accreditation & Continuing Education You Can Count On
- AFPA is recognized by the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC) for the 15 CE's upon completion of this course. National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC). CE -000082-3.
- AFPA is an approved National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) CEU provider. Completion of both the Holistic Nutritionist (30.0 CEUs) and Health & Wellness Coach (30.0 CEUs) certification programs provides a total of 60.0 NANP Category I CEUs.
- AFPA is a recognized organizational member of the Association of Coach Training Organizations.
- Graduates of AFPA nutrition and coaching programs are eligible to apply for the American Natural Wellness Coach (ANWCB) or the American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners (AANWP) board certification.
- AFPA is an accredited school by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). The AADP is recognized by both, traditional and nontraditional holistic schools and colleges worldwide as an independent accrediting board for alternative health educational institutions and programs. Graduates of AFPA nutrition and coaching programs are eligible for additional Board Certification from the AADP.
- The AFPA Holistic Health Coach Certification program curriculum fully meets the ANMAB’s accreditation board educational requirements. Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a Board Certified Nutritional Consultant through the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB).
- The AFPA Holistic Health Coach certification program is internationally accredited by the Federation for Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- AFPA is an approved Platinum Training Provider for the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) for the modality of Holistic Health Coach in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK/EU.
- AFPA is an approved school by the Health Coach Alliance. Graduates must successfully complete the following courses to qualify for the RHC designation: Holistic Health Coach: Health & Wellness Coach Certification course AND the Holistic Nutritionist Certification course.
Earning the AFPA Holistic Health Coach Certification also qualifies you to obtain the optional AADP Board Certified Health Coach.
Benefits of the AADP board certification include free patient referrals, licensed laboratories for noninvasive tests, consultations on "How to Increase Your Practice," referral for professional liability insurance, and AADP Board Certification certificate.
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Holistic Health Coach Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion of each program, you will earn the titles of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist” and “Certified Health & Wellness Coach” on your certificates. After both programs are complete, you will receive your final credential of “Certified Holistic Health Coach.”