Build The Rewarding, Life-Changing Career You’re Proud OfThe AFPA online Holistic Health Coach Certification provides comprehensive training in both health coaching and holistic nutrition.
Demand for health and wellness is higher than ever and growing fast. How will you tap into this $4.2 trillion market?
The global wellness industry is a $4.2 trillion market, and the wellness economy has grown 6.4% annually, nearly twice as fast as global economic growth (3.6%).
Help Others Live as Their Absolute Best.
Become a Certified Holistic Health Coach Today.
What Can I Do As a Holistic Health Coach?
As an AFPA Certified Holistic Health Coach trained in natural complementary nutrition, you’ll be able to:
- Coach and educate clients on how to achieve and sustain healthy habits as part of a daily routine that includes eating healthy, exercising, managing triggers and eliminating stress, maintaining healthy relationships, and more.
- Empower your clients to achieve optimal and lasting health by addressing any imbalances caused by improper nutrition, a stressful lifestyle, poor sleep quality, a lack of exercise, and more.
- Educate clients on how to identify and change any sources of ill health.
- Create strategies for identifying healthy environments and start a support program to help clients in reaching their personal wellness objectives.
- Recognize when it is necessary to refer clients to their primary care physicians for treatments and/or diagnoses and learn how to communicate this to your client.
The Total Package
You get access to BOTH certification programs.
Health & Wellness Certification Coach program focuses on:
- The different coaching processes
- How to be an effective coach
- How to elicit behavior change from your clients
- How health is not only specifically dependent on diet and exercise but also on supportive relationships, meaningful work, work/life balance, spirituality, and more
- Client-focused support — aiming to decrease stress and areas of life contributing to poor health and a limited mindset
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program focuses on:
- Meal planning and dietary guidelines for disease prevention and optimal health through whole foods nutrition
- The science behind whole foods and plant-based nutrition
- Holistic diets such as vegetarian, vegan, Paleo diets, and much more
- What to eat to help combat the top 15 causes of death, foods we should consume every day, and those that we need to avoid
- Practical examples and first-person accounts of case studies that show how to execute various approaches and counseling strategies
Collectively, these programs will teach you exactly what you need to know about:
- Basic Holistic Anatomy
- Nutrition Essentials
- Eating & Exercising
- Wellness & Stress Management
- Understanding & Preventing Disease
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Health Coaching
- Healthy Relationships
- Coaching Best Practices
- Client Assessments and Meal Planning
- Building Your Business and Clientele
As Seen in These Great Publications
Launch A Career That You Created
Getting your Holistic Counselor Certification with AFPA will provide you with the expert instruction, tools, and knowledge to facilitate behavior change that will lead your clients—and you!—to a natural, happier, healthier lifestyle.
Our program emphasizes vital healthy living practices, including:
- Lifestyle wellness
- Physical fitness
- Optimal nutrition
- Alternative therapies
- Health coaching concepts
- Motivation strategies
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
Understanding Health and Wellness: The All-Inclusive Approach to Optimizing Health
The Health and Wellness Module explores the many facets of personal health and self-responsibility, while focusing on the basic principles of physical, mental, and spiritual health. You’ll learn the tools you need to make informed health decisions that promote lifelong wellness for yourself, your family, and your clients.
The lessons encourage personal responsibility to health-related behaviors and outline how to improve overall health through nutrition, fitness, stress management, and the maintenance of an all-encompassing healthy lifestyle.
Discover and Sharpen Leading Health and Lifestyle Coaching Skills
The Health and Lifestyle Coaching Module will show you how to have realistic coaching conversations with your clients and how to address issues such as the timing and types of questions to ask, how to provide feedback effectively, and how to facilitate robust action planning.
You will learn how to engage in well-designed communication strategies to motivate, guide, inform, and support clients’ processes toward personal change with a holistic approach.
Includes bonus tools for your coaching career:
- Sample coaching forms and agreements
- ICF code of ethics
- Assessment kit tools to help establish a strong framework for successful coaching
- Welcome packet, coaching readiness index, introductory session form, and between-sessions questionnaires
- Other supplemental resources—such as a social and emotional intelligence assessment and a goal-setting form— support the journey
The Science Behind Holistic Nutrition
The Holistic Nutrition Science Module covers basic anatomy and physiology, describing each major system of the body and how they interrelate. You will dissect the different models of health and disease, both traditional and holistic.
Discover which whole foods, herbs, and spices have been scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease. You will also learn what to eat in order to help treat the top 15 causes of death, foods we should consume every day, and those that we need to avoid.
Developing Your Skills As A Nutritional Consultant
The Nutrition Counseling Skills Module provides you with a step-by-step guide to the fundamental skills of counseling strategies and protocol, complemented by action-based worksheets and practical case studies.
Included are practical examples and first-person accounts of case studies that show how to execute various approaches, counseling strategies, and common nutritional assessments in a variety of settings. The worksheets and questionnaires will teach you how to properly document and assess counseling sessions.
Exploring Leading Research on Holistic Health Presentations
In the Holistic Health Research Presentations Module, you will learn the most current research to date, including practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families to prevent, treat, and even reverse chronic diseases.
Presentation topics include:
- Strengthen the mind-body connection
- Sodium-to-potassium ratio and stroke risk
- Controversy over the trans fat ban
- Is nutritional yeast healthy for everyone?
- Lycopene supplement vs. prostate cancer
- Exclusion diets for eczema
Is Holistic Health Coaching Right For Me?
You’re interested in working with clients one-on-one and guiding them toward how making lasting, meaningful behavioral changes to enhance their lives.
If these benefits of being a Holistic Health Coach excite you, then you’re in the right place:
- Flexibility: With a Holistic Counselor Certification, you can work for yourself or at a medical office, wellness center, spa, gym, training center, university, and beyond. Many corporations are also hiring health coaches as part of wellness programs that provide incentives for employees who make healthy choices and changes. You can work one-on-one with clients on your own time or full-time as part of a care team with other health professionals to help treat chronic disease.
- Easy Entry: You could spend years going to school to become a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant—or you could get your Holistic Health Coach certification and bring your passion and expertise to clients more quickly. If you aren’t science savvy or don’t have the tens of thousands of dollars needed for a four-year degree, health coaching is a great way to put your passion into practice sooner.
- Change-Maker: Teaching clients how to implement lasting behavior change through evidence-based methods is extremely rewarding—for you, your clients, and their families. As a Holistic Health Coach, you have the skills to battle the epidemic of chronic disease one person at a time.
Endless Opportunities for Professional Growth
AFPA programs are trusted by elite health professionals worldwide. It’s not uncommon for a Holistic Health Coach to charge $100-$150 per session or as much as $200-$500 an hour.
You could earn upwards of $87,000 per year source.
Find Your Dream Workplace
You’ll have access to AFPA’s business resources to help you establish a successful holistic health coaching business. As a certified health entrepreneur, you can live out your dream on your own time, in your own way. You’ll learn step-by-step how to establish a reputable coaching business that will allow you to meet with clients in a variety of settings, whether a physical therapy center, hospital, coffee shop, or at home.
Become an Entrepreneur
Getting certified with AFPA will provide you with the education, tools, and knowledge to help your clients achieve their nutrition, personal health, and lifestyle goals.
There are endless career paths! As a graduate of the program, you might find yourself working in professional spaces like health clubs, wellness centers, rehab centers, private medical offices, corporate environments, or educational institutions.
Accreditation & Continuing Education You Can Count On
- AFPA is recognized by the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC), previously ICHWC, for the continuing education and training of National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC). CEP 100081.
- AFPA is an approved National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) CEU provider. Completion of both the Holistic Nutritionist (30.0 CEUs) and Health & Wellness Coach (30.0 CEUs) certification programs provides a total of 60.0 NANP Category I CEUs.
- AFPA is a recognized organizational member of the Association of Coach Training Organizations.
- AFPA is an accredited school by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). The AADP is recognized by both, traditional and nontraditional holistic schools and colleges worldwide as an independent accrediting board for alternative health educational institutions and programs. Graduates of AFPA nutrition and coaching programs are eligible for additional Board Certification from the AADP.
- The AFPA Holistic Health Coach Certification program curriculum fully meets the ANMAB’s accreditation board educational requirements. Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a Board Certified Nutritional Consultant through the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB).
- The AFPA Holistic Health Coach certification program is internationally accredited by the Federation for Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- AFPA is an approved Platinum Training Provider for the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) for the modality of Holistic Health Coach in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK/EU.
- AFPA is an approved school by the Health Coach Alliance. Graduates of AFPA Holistic Health Coach certification program qualify for membership into HCA and the designation of “Registered Health Coach” (R.H.C.) title.
We Will Pay For Your Board Certification
with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
Earning the AFPA Holistic Health Coach Certification qualifies you as an AADP Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.
Benefits of the AADP board certification include free patient referrals, licensed laboratories for noninvasive tests, consultations on "How to Increase Your Practice," referral for professional liability insurance, and AADP Board Certification certificate.
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Holistic Health Coach Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion of each program, you will earn the titles of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist” and “Certified Health & Wellness Coach” on your certificates. After both programs are complete, you will receive your final credential of “Certified Holistic Health Coach.”