AFPA's Holistic Health Coach Certification program is the only educational program that provides comprehensive training in Health Coaching and Holistic Nutrition, and Board Certification for Holistic Health Practitioner.
Now is the best time to become a Certified Holistic Health Coach and provide the instruction, tools, information, and facilitation of behavior change that will lead to a more natural, healthier, happier lifestyle for you, your family, friends and clients.
Our Holistic Health Coach certification program focuses on lifestyle wellness, optimal nutrition, in addition to physical activity, alternative therapies, herbology, homeopathy, holistic health promotion, health coaching concepts and motivational strategies.
By addressing all facets of wellness, including diet, relationships, mental health, stress, disease prevention, physical activity, and spirituality; you will learn the holistic approach to health and be able to help your clients find the right foods and lifestyle in order to make them feel their best.
Included in the Holistic Health Coach program:
- Health & Wellness Coach Certification
- Holistic Nutritionist Certification
- Completion of the above programs earns you the title Certified Holistic Health Coach.
- Completion of the above programs earns you the title AADP Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.
*Board Certification fee included with your enrollment.
AFPA Graduate Upgrade:
If you have already completed the AFPA Holistic Nutritionist or Health & Wellness Coach certification program, you will receive credit for the enrollment fee you already paid!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and your credit amount to apply at check out!
Have a career you love:
- Enjoy Work Flexibility:
Many Holistic Health Coaches work part-time or full-time in their own private practice, in-person or online.
- Employment Options are Plentiful:
Not only can you establish your own practice, but Holistic Health Coaches can also find jobs in doctor’s offices, wellness centers, fitness centers, private studios and chiropractic centers. Create your own online consulting health coaching business, or become a holistic health educator/blogger online.
- Make a Generous Income:
It would not be uncommon to charge $100-$150 per session as a Holistic Health Coach. This will vary depending on your geographical location and the services you are offering.
- Expand Your Earning Potential:
Whether you’re a physician, nurse, yoga instructor, personal trainer, or chef, training as a Holistic Health Coach can help you expand your practice and improve your services.
Demand for health and wellness is higher than ever, and growing fast.
The Global Wellness Institute notes that wellness is a $3.4 trillion market,
making it nearly 3X larger than the $1 trillion worldwide pharmaceutical industry.
Credentials You Will Earn:
- Upon completing this course you will earn the credentials of Health & Wellness Coach, Holistic Nutritionist, Certified Holistic Health Coach and AADP Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.
Holistic Health Coach Program Overview:
- Online and/or print course materials including coaching concepts, holistic concepts, health strategies, motivational strategies, scope of practice, business practices as a Holistic Health Coach. Additional details for each certification module can be found here: Health Coach Certification and Holistic Nutritionist Certification. Take a look at the Holistic Health Coach Course Curriculum.
Holistic Health Coach Program Accreditations:
- AFPA is an approved NANP (National Association of Nutrition Professionals) CEU provider. Completion of this program for a total of 60.0 NANP Category I CEUs.
- AFPA is a recognized organizational member of the Association of Coach Training Organizations.
- The AFPA Holistic Health Coach Certification program curriculum fully meets the AADP’s (American Association of Drugless Practitioners) board educational requirements, giving AFPA students a thorough knowledge of courses set-forth by the Institute, and makes them eligible to become a Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.
- Completion of this program is recognized by The American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB). Graduates may apply for Board Certification with the ANMCB.
- AFPA has been accepted as an IICT Approved Training Provider for the modality Holistic Health Coach in Australia, NZ, South Africa and the UK/EU.
- AFPA is an approved school and continuing education provider by the C.A.I.N. Canadian Association for Integrative Nutrition and C.H.C.A. Canadian Health Coach Alliance. Graduates of AFPA approved certification programs are automatically approved to join C.A.I.N. or the C.H.C.A. with proof of graduation and will be awarded "Registered Holistic Nutrition Practitioner (R.H.N.P.) and / or the "Registered Health Coach" (R.H.C.) title.
- 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- If you have a sincere interest in helping others achieve true health, the growing field of health coaching is definitely worth considering for purposes of advancing or supplementing your career.
- This program is also open to any licensed and credentialed healthcare professionals, and individuals working as any of the following that want to take this program to add holistic health coaching to their practice: physician, physician assistant, licensed clinical counselor, doctor of chiropractic, nurse practitioner/clinical nurse specialist, RN/LPN/LVN, therapists and assistants, dentist/licensed dental hygienist, registered dietitians, certified nutrition specialist, certified nutrition professionals, certified diabetic educator, certified athletic trainer, certified exercise physiologist, licensed acupuncturist, certified personal trainers and certified fitness professionals.
- 100% Online/Digital or Hybrid learning format with online materials and print textbooks; online presentations, online assignments and final exam.
- Once you enroll, you will be emailed course instructions to create your online student account to access online course materials, and mailed your course textbooks if you select the digital plus textbooks. You may begin your studies once you have access to your materials.
- You will have access to practice quizzes, learning activities, assignments and online final exams. Once you have completed both certification modules – Health & Wellness Coach and Holistic Nutritionist, you will earn title of Certified Holistic Health Coach and AFPA will submit your transcript for AADP Board Certification approval. You will receive your Board Certification and membership from AADP.
- Complete the Holistic Health Coach program in 1 year or less. This program is self-paced, self-study. Learn the comprehensive holistic coaching concepts, specific applications, and clearly stated learning objectives, complete your course assignments and online certification exams for the Health & Wellness Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Once you have completed both the HWC and HN certification programs successfully, you will then be awarded the Holistic Health Coach credential and Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.
- Certification is valid for (2) two years. You are required to complete 16.0 CEC’s (continuing education credits) to keep your certification valid.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Still have questions? Visit the Holistic Health Coach Frequently Asked Questions page.