Launch a new career and become a
Health & Wellness Coach in 6 months or less!
Help others improve their way of living & teach them how to enhance their life through behavior change!
Health and Wellness Coaches guide their clients to succeed at such goals as weight loss, time and stress management, smoking cessation, etc., and work with clients to facilitate a process of self-directed lifestyle behavioral change that can lead to greater life satisfaction, better performance, less disease and a more fulfilling life. These lifestyle changes, among others, are more likely to be obtained when working with a health and wellness coach who can help create an integrated wellness plan that will teach clients how to be accountable for their actions and to follow through and accomplish the changes they wish to see.
Ultimately, you will learn the evidence-based and systematic coaching methodology that you can apply in helping your clients move efficiently toward effective long-term health and wellness.
Our graduates work in fitness centers, doctor’s offices, wellness centers, day spas, yoga studios, schools, natural food stores and have their own coaching businesses. Part time, full time, online or in-person, the opportunities are many!
As a Certified Health & Wellness Coach you will learn how to:
- Evaluate client’s current health status, strengths, and wellness
- Guide and facilitate a course of action to obtain client’s goals
- Develop client specific Integrated Wellness Plans
- Teach clients about accountability & be there to support their efforts
- Provide ongoing evaluation and assessment of progress
- Assist clients in working through the barriers to change behavior
- Work with & educate clients on how to make success a lasting way of life
The Health & Wellness Coach Certification course is broken down into 2 modules:
Health & Wellness Module
The Health and Wellness module examines the use of a balanced, integrated, holistic model of health, and explores the many dimensions of wellness. There is also a focus on self-assessment, development of critical thinking, and behavior change skills to facilitate personal awareness and well-being.
Topics Covered, but not limited to:
- Achieving Personal Health
- Mind-Body Communications to Maintain Wellness
- Managing Stress and Mental Health
- Eating and Exercising Toward a Healthy Lifestyle
- Movement and Physical Activity for Health
- Understanding and Preventing Disease
- Understanding Drug Use and Abuse
- Making Healthy Choices
- Exploring Alternative Medicines
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Health Enhancement Methods
Lifestyle Coaching Module
You will learn evidence-based coaching and systematic processes to guide, support, and motivate clients to achieve positive behavior change and long-term healthy lifestyles and practices. The International Coach Federation’s 11 core competencies are thoroughly examined, and application to the health and fitness arena is discussed. Included are specific coach–client dialogues and reflection sidebars that will help you to personally experience the content. You will learn the necessary skills for professional development and for supporting and advancing clients in change processes related to health, wellness, and fitness.
Topics Covered, but not limited to:
- Introduction to Lifestyle Wellness Coaching
- Core Ingredients in Effective Coaching
- Different Models of Coaching
- Foundation for Effective Coaching
- Meeting Ethical Guidelines and Establishing the Coaching Agreement
- Coaching Agreements
- Ongoing Support for New Behaviors and Actions
- The Active Nature of Listening
- Steps in Questioning
- Direct Communication
- Goals and Goal Setting
- Coaching as a Path of Change
- Reconfiguring the Concept of Expertise
- Your life as a Coach
The Health & Wellnes Coach Certification course includes:
- 2 comprehensive course textbooks / Ebook - Mobile Ready
- Chapter Outlines
- Study Guide
- Interactive Glossary
- Interactive Flashcards
- Interactive Summaries
- Online learning activities
- Web Exercises
- Practice Quizzes
- Audio Files
- Nutrition and Health Videos
- Sample Lifestyle Fitness Coaching Agreement
- ICF Code of Ethics
- Online Testing - Immediate results and credential
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Health & Wellness Coach”
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid for 16.0 AFPA CEC's
- Passing an online exam with 85% or higher.
- Exam is based on the course materials. No added materials needed.
- There are 200 exam questions.
- The examination must be completed within 28 days of being provided your testing link.
- Once you submit your examination for grading and pass, you will receive your grade and credentials immediately.
- If you do not pass there is a $75.00 retest fee. You will be allowed to retest within 24 business hours.