Start Your Career as a Certified Health & Wellness Coach in 6 Months or Less
Imagine if you had a proven, accredited health coach program, developed by a top-tier of trusted subject matter experts, that showed you exactly how to enhance the lives of others? (And get paid doing it?)
That’s what the AFPA Health & Wellness Coach Certification online program will show you.
This certification is your ticket to world-class wellness education, the credibility to coach it, and the skill to turn action into results.
What is the Health & Wellness Coach Certification?
AFPA Certified Health & Wellness Coaches help their clients make powerful lifestyle behavioral shifts that lead to:
- Greater life satisfaction
- Better emotional and physical performance
- Less disease
As a Certified Coach, you’ll develop tailored wellness plans for your clients to integrate into their lives and teach clients how to be accountable, follow through, and reach their goals.
As a Certified Health & Wellness Coach You Will Learn How to:
- Evaluate a client's current health status, strengths, and overall wellness
- Guide and facilitate a course of action to hit client goals
- Develop client-specific integrated wellness plans to support them in multifaceted areas of their lives
- Teach clients about accountability and be there to support their efforts
- Provide ongoing evaluation and assessment of progress
- Assist clients in working through the barriers to change behavior
- Work with and educate clients on how to make winning a lasting way of life
What Is the Difference Between the Health & Wellness Coach and Holistic Health Coach Certification Programs?
The Health & Wellness Coach program focuses on:
- The various coaching processes
- How to be an effective coach
- How to elicit behavior change from your clients
- How health is not only specifically dependent on diet and exercise but also on supportive relationships, meaningful work, work/life balance, spirituality, and more
- Client-focused support — aiming to decrease stress and areas of life contributing to poor health and a limited mindset
- Meal planning and dietary guidelines for disease prevention and optimal health through whole foods nutrition
- The science behind whole foods and plant-based nutrition
- Holistic diets such as vegetarian, vegan, and Paleo diets
Join over 119,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.
With a 26-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in nutrition and wellness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Client Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get exclusive access to legal forms and paperwork, counseling and lifestyle management client forms, worksheets and questionnaires, to ensure you have a solid foundation to start your career.
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
Comprehensive Certification eBooks and/or Textbooks
Online Video Lessons
Online Final Exam
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with exclusive resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your professional career.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
What You’ll Get:
This program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence, and tools that you'll need to begin your journey as a Health & Wellness Coach.
- All course materials
- Digital eBooks and/or physical textbooks based on your learning preference
- Chapter outlines and chapter study guides
- Interactive learning assets: glossary, flashcards, and summaries
- Online learning activities
- Practice quizzes and self-assessments
- Multimedia learning formats: PDF slide presentations, nutrition and health audio
- Online final exam
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Forms, worksheets, checklists, and client questionnaires
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
The online Health & Wellness Coach Certification is broken down into two comprehensive modules:
The All-Inclusive Approach to Optimizing Health
This health and wellness focused module examines the use of a balanced, integrated, holistic model of health and explores the many dimensions of wellness. You’ll discover how to effectively self-assess, develop critical thinking, and judge behavior change skills to facilitate personal awareness and well-being.
You’ll dive into:
- Achieving personal health
- Mind-body communications to maintain wellness
- Managing stress and mental health
- Eating and exercising toward a healthy lifestyle
- Movement and physical activity for health
- Understanding and preventing disease
- Understanding drug use and abuse
- Making healthy choices
- Exploring alternative medicines
- Overcoming obstacles
- Health enhancement methods
Becoming an Effective Lifestyle Coach That Gets Clients Results
You will learn evidence-based coaching and systematic processes to guide, support, and motivate clients to achieve positive behavior change and long-term healthy lifestyles and practices. Examine the 11 core competencies created by The International Coach Federation and learn how to directly apply these to the health and fitness arena.
You will also practice effective coach–client dialogues and reflection exercises that will help you to personally experience the content. Get ready to explore all the necessary skills for professional development and for supporting and advancing clients in change processes related to health, wellness, and fitness.
You’ll dive into:
- Introduction to lifestyle wellness coaching
- Core ingredients in effective coaching
- Different models of coaching
- Foundation for effective coaching
- Meeting ethical guidelines and establishing the coaching agreement
- Coaching agreements
- Ongoing support for new behaviors and actions
- The active nature of listening
- Steps in questioning
- Direct communication
- Goals and goal setting
- Coaching as a path of change
- Reconfiguring the concept of expertise
- Your life as a coach
Is This Program For Me?
You’re looking in the right place if you:
- Find it incredibly rewarding helping others reach their goals and coaching on how to live healthier and happier lives.
- Seek easy entry. Instead of spending years going to school to become a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant, you’ll put your expertise into practice faster and start helping clients sooner. Also? You’ll save tens of thousands of dollars in the process.
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether working in group settings or one-on-one, for yourself or at a wellness center, corporate wellness program, or medical office, the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Accreditation & Continuing Education You Can Count On
- AFPA is recognized by the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC), previously ICHWC, for the continuing education and training of National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC). CEP 100081.
- AFPA is an approved school by the Health Coach Alliance (HCA) for the AFPA Holistic Health Coach (HHC) program. The Health & Wellness Coach (HWC) program is included in the the HHC program. Graduates of AFPA-approved certification programs (HHC) qualify for membership into HCA and the designation of “Registered Health Coach” (R.H.C.) title.
- AFPA is an accredited school by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). The AADP is recognized by both, traditional and nontraditional holistic schools and colleges worldwide as an independent accrediting board for alternative health educational institutions and programs. Graduates of AFPA nutrition and coaching programs are eligible for additional Board Certification from the AADP.
- Graduates of the AFPA Health and Wellness Coach Certification program are eligible to apply to be Board Certified through the ANMAB (American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board).
- The Health & Wellness Coach Certification program is approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for a total of 30 NANP Category 1 CEUs.
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Health & Wellness Coach Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Health and Wellness Coach” on your certificate.