Become Certified in Holistic Nutrition and create lifestyle plans to support optimal health!
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program provides an unprecedented, evidence-based, professional training in holistic nutrition, whole foods and plant-based nutrition, which will provide you with a strong skill-set and the confidence to coach and consult with any client seeking to not only prevent, but reverse disease, and gain optimal health. Want to learn more about GMO's, organics, veganism, vegatarianism, wholefoods, Paleo, dairy, non-dairy and how to achieve total wellness? This program is for you! As a Certified Holistic Nutritionist trained in natural complimentary nutrition you will be able to coach, consult and advise clients on how to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of health complaints, and design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that optimize health.
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program includes all learning materials and testing:
- ONLINE TEST - Submit your assignments and final examination online and receive your results immediately!
- 7 DVD's and 5 Textbooks - lectures are on DVD's & available as Downloads
- FREE Guide on Establishing & Optimizing Your Holistic Business
- FREE Guide on Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Nutrition Practitioners
- Counseling & Lifestyle Management forms for starting your own business
- Worksheets and questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- Forms, Worksheets and checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete the certification exam anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule are included to help you stay on track
- There are no extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- Weekly AFPA ENews & AFPA Blog - Sign up for AFPA eNews & Blog that provides the latest health & fitness research and trends
- Member Discount Offers - We offer discounts and deals to certified members
- NO Travel Necessary
What is Holistic Nutrition:
- Holistic nutrition is healing with whole foods; foods that are complete and nutrient dense in their natural state. Whole foods are those foods that contain balanced ratios of vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, sugars, and other vital nutrients in their most natural, chemical free state. Whole foods are those foods that are not altered, stripped or refined in any way so that our bodies can break them down and utilize them for maximum energy and help us reach our optimal health. Whole foods are organic, seasonal, and local, whenever possible, to ensure they are fresh, nutrient rich, chemical, pesticide and additive free.
- Did you know The American Institute for Cancer Research has established 10 recommendations for cancer prevention, beyond not using tobacco? The dietary message is: Diets that revolve around whole plant foods—vegetables, whole grains, fruits and beans—cut the risks of many cancers, as well as other diseases significantly.
- Did you know it is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.
- Most Americans consume highly processed and refined foods that accelerate the rate of chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Additionally, the obesity rate and type 2 diabetes in adults and children has become a national epidemic primarily due to these refined and processed foods. It is estimated that an American born in 2000 has a one in three chance of developing diabetes in his or her lifetime, and the risk is even greater for a Hispanic American or African American. Furthermore, it is estimated that 80 percent of type 2 diabetes cases can be prevented by a change in diet and exercise. The problem lies in getting people to change the foods they eat.
- YOU can help change this! Processed foods and beverages have become so commonplace that people often don’t see them for what they truly are. They think these artificial food substances are actually real foods. YOU can help to educate them! This course provides you with the latest clinical studies, cutting edge science and proven methods to empower your clients to achieve optimal health and take control of their own life, with your help!
A Certified Holistic Nutritionist May Perform Any Of The Following Tasks, But Not Limited To:
- Counsel clients on basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Assess optimal nutritional needs; assess diet restrictions and current health plans; develop and implement nutritional plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise on nutritional principles, food plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare optimal meal plans such as low-fat, low-cholesterol, plant based and chemical-free meals.
- Advise on habits for consciously eating healthy foods that promote vibrant physical and mental health, while supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease.
- Holistic Nutrition Consultants may perform the above, in addition to advising patients on buying organic, taking supplements, and other nutritional considerations.
- Career Trends in Holistic Nutrition discusses the differences in scope of practice for Holistic Nutrition, Dieticians, Nutritionists and Health & Wellness Coaches.
Holistic Nutritionist Certification Course Topics Include, But Not Limited To:
- Systems of the Body and How They Interrelate
- Traditional and Holistic Models of Health and Disease
- The Truth About the Modern Healthcare System
- A New Approach to Healthcare
- How to Prevent, Control and Reverse Chronic Disease
- Food Choices for Illness Recovery and Wellness
- Genetics and Nutrition
- Medicine vs. Supplementation
- USDA Conflicts of Interest
- Nutrition Facts and Labeling
- Preventing & Reversing Cancer - Foods to Eat, Foods to Avoid
- Dietary recommendations for Arthritis Treatments
- Latest Studies on Vegan vs. Vegetarian
- Carnivores vs. Herbivores
- Plants Foods vs. Animal Foods
- Farmed vs. Wild Foods
- Carcinogens, Pesticides, Parasites and Other Toxins
- Organics & Genetically Modified & Irradiated
- NutraSweet, MSG, Artificial Ingredients and Other Offenders
- Preventing Childhood Obesity and Allergies with Diet
- Enhancing Athletic Recovery and the Immune Response
- Protein, Soy, Dairy, Fats & Oils
- Milk and Diary Foods: Subject for Debate
- Dairy Substitutes
- Meat: Questions and Answers
- Seafood: Safety, Radioactivity & Farming
- Processed, Packaged & Snack Foods
- Beverages: Sugared, Artificial, Natural & Caffeinated
- Alkaline Diet, Protein, and Calcium
- Greens, Seaweed and other Superfoods for Super Health
- Eating Raw – Is It for everyone?
- The Healthiest, Most Nutrient Dense Foods
- Great, Good and Bad Killer Fats
- The Truth About Grains, Chocolate and Other Foods
- Time to Detoxify
- Recipes for Nutritional Detoxification
- Calorie Density and Eating Whole
- Identifying Challenges
- Meal Planning & Recipes
- Food Diary
- Pantry Essentials
- Cooking Recipes Carnivores vs. Herbivores
- Putting it all Together!
- Effective Counseling Relationship
- Nutrition Counseling Skills
- The Counseling Interview
- Goal Setting
- Design a Plan of Action
- Dietary Assessment
- Energy Determinations, Physical Assessment, Documentation/Charting
- Strategies to Promote Behavior Change
- Making Behavior Change Last
- Role of A Nutrition Counselor in Physical Activity Counseling
- Ending the Counseling Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Management Forms
- Worksheets & Questionnaires to Document & Assess Counseling Sessions
- Forms and Checklists for Easy Duplication
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist”
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic understanding of nutrition & a healthy diet
- Desire to help others in obtaining their nutritional and optimal health goals
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and online or mail-in exam.
Accreditations & Board Certification:
- AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, Weight Management Consultant, Holistic Nutrition curriculum fully meets the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board’s (ANMAB) Accreditation Board educational requirements. – See more at: www.anmab.org.
- Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioners, Board Certified Nutritional Consultant or Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist through the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB). www.anmcb.org.
- AFPA has been granted full board accreditation by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Graduates of AFPA with nutrition credentials are eligible to apply to be board certified holistic health care practitioners through the AADP. AFPA graduates qualify for Board Certification through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). You may contact the AADP at 1-888-764-AADP.
- AFPA is a registered educational institution with the Canadian Association of Drugless Practioners (CADP) in the counrty of Canada with all the applicle rights, priviledges, and responsibilities.
Passing an online exam or mail-in exam with 85% or higher. There is a $75.00 retest fee.
**Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics(AND) Position Statement**
It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Full Position Paper.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 22 | Next
Very in depth
Posted by Unknown on 9th Mar 2017
I'm impressed with the technical nature of the first part of the course!
So glad I chose this program!
Posted by Becca on 5th Mar 2017
I am loving the program so far and am learning so much. I love that it's self paced. The Whole book is a little dry and rough to get through but the others are great and informative. I should be finished in about 8 weeks! So thrilled!!
Posted by Danielle Whitestone on 3rd Feb 2017
There is much more content and information than expected - and I considered myself very well informed entering the program. I am incredibly impressed. Wonderful books as well. Great value for the cost.
A very thorough integrative guide to holistic anatomy and nutrition
Posted by Unknown on 30th Jan 2017
This course was an extraordinary compliment to the Nutrition and Wellness Consultant (NWC) certification. It builds on the foundation learned in NWC and digs deep into the science behind food, our bodies and disease. It is certainly challenging, so go into it prepared to focus! I have gotten more than I hoped for out of this course.
Excellent Nutritionist Program
Posted by Priyanshi Bhatnagar on 17th Nov 2016
I started studying using the material I bought from your website.I must say that the material provide good and specific knowledge and useful too for further practical implementation.
Want to thank Mark and my mentor Amy for their support and guidance.
I would strongly recommend this to all those who are specific to work in nutrition field and healthy living. :-)
Great online support and materials
Posted by Michael D White on 2nd Nov 2016
Everything about this course as exceeded my expectations. The content Im learning is exceptional. And the support has been excellent. Worth every penny!
Thorough and Affordable
Posted by Gigi Newman on 6th Oct 2016
I am about 3 to 4 weeks into the course. I am learning a lot, and reinforcing things I already knew. I like that the program functions along a similar paradigm while giving me some different point of view. So far so good!
Holistic approach to health
Posted by Jeannette Adami on 31st Aug 2016
I'm almost at the end of my first assignment and I have already learned so much. This course was just what I was looking for .other courses seemed so focused on how much money you can make as a nutritional councilor. Although I hope make money counciling people it was not my main decision on taking a nutritional course. I am very happy with the course so far and glad I searched all courses first to find the right fit for me . Thank you Jeannette
Posted by Thomas Martin on 27th Jul 2016
I love the Holistic Nutritionist curriculum! I really like the fact that I can go at my own pace and I have the flexibility to work through the material in a timely manner that suits my schedule best!
This is very good for me
Posted by Kanan Biswas on 24th Jul 2016
It's really amazing, As I know, this course materials is much better than others institute. It's flexible & it's curriculum is very nice & it's low cost also. Students will be benefited from the course. I love the course. My special thanks & regards to Dr. Mark J. Occhipinti, Ph.D.,ND for overall curriculum. God bless AFPA.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 22 | Next