Build The Life-Changing Career You’re Proud OfBecome an AFPA Certified Holistic Nutritionist in 6 months or less.
- Do you feel like your potential is being wasted in your current profession?
- Are you seeking a more fulfilling career? One that allows you to create a positive impact helping others?
- Do friends often ask you for nutrition advice on how to eat healthy?
The AFPA Holistic Nutrition Certification program provides an unprecedented, evidence-based, professional training in holistic nutrition, whole foods and plant-based nutrition.
What Can I Do As a Holistic Nutritionist?
As an AFPA Certified Holistic Nutritionist trained in natural complementary nutrition, you’ll be able to:
- Coach clients on how to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of major health complaints
- Design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that optimize health
- Counsel on good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life
- Advise on nutrition principles, food plans, diet modifications, and food selection and preparation
- Assess optimal nutritional needs, diet restrictions, and current health plans; develop and implement nutritional plans; and provide nutritional counseling
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare meal plans that are optimal for each individual’s needs
- Consult on habits for consciously eating healthy foods that promote vibrant physical and mental health while supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease
- Direct clients on the benefits of a plant-based diet, macro and micronutrient intake, supplement recommendations, different dietary theories, and other nutrition considerations
Join over 119,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.
With a 26-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in nutrition and wellness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Client Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get exclusive access to legal forms and paperwork, 28-day meal plan examples, counseling and lifestyle management client forms, worksheets and questionnaires to ensure you have a solid foundation to start your career.
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
Comprehensive Certification eBooks or Textbooks
Online Video Presentations
Online Final Exam
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment we provide you with exclusive resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your professional career.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
What You’ll Get:
This program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence, and tools that you'll need to begin your journey as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist.
You will gain access to an abundance of materials containing three modules full of fascinating information, life lessons, and thought-provoking activities.
- All course materials
- Digital eBook or physical textbook based on your learning preference
- Practice tests and self-assessments
- Multimedia learning: 16 hours of online video/audio lectures with transcripts
- Online final exam
- 28-day meal plan (includes shopping list and recipes)
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Forms, worksheets, checklists, and client questionnaires
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
The Science Behind Holistic Nutrition
Dive into basic anatomy and physiology, learning each major system of the body and how they interrelate. You’ll learn the models of health and disease, both traditional and holistic, and discover which whole foods, herbs, and spices have been scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease. You will also learn what to eat in order to help treat the top 15 causes of death, foods we should consume every day, and which to avoid.
Nutrition Consultant Skill Development
The Nutrition Counseling Skills Development module provides a step-by-step guide to the fundamental skills of counseling strategies and protocol, complemented by action-based worksheets and practical case studies.
Practical examples and case studies are included to show how to execute various approaches, counseling strategies, and common nutritional assessments in a variety of settings.
- Worksheets and questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- Forms and checklists for beginning practitioners
Holistic Health Research Presentations
In the Holistic Health Research Presentations module, you’ll learn the most current research to date, including practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families to prevent and even reverse chronic diseases.
Learn more about: GMOs; the importance of organic food and products; a wide variety of diets including veganism, vegetarianism, Paleo, dairy-free; whole foods, herbs, and supplements. These evidence-based nutrition presentations will guide you toward a better understanding of how to implement daily changes in order to achieve full body wellness. Learn how to incorporate simple dietary changes that will set your clients up for success.
This Program Is Perfect For Anyone Who Is:
- Just starting out in the health, fitness, or wellness industry
- Passionate about health and considering a career change
- Looking to deepen his/her knowledge of holistic nutrition
- Already an established health professional, such as a personal trainer, wanting to expand his/her education and “wow” his/her clients
What Other Students Are Saying
Accreditation & Continuing Education You Can Count On
- All AFPA nutrition program curriculums fully meet the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) board educational requirements, making any AFPA nutrition graduate eligible to become a Board Certified Nutrition Professional
- All AFPA nutrition program curriculums also fully meet the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB) accreditation board educational requirements. AFPA graduates are eligible to apply to become a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioner through ANMAB.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program is internationally accredited by the Federation for Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- The Holistic Nutrition Certification program is internationally accredited as an approved training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program is approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for a total of 30 NANP Category 1 CEUs.
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Holistic Nutrition Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist” on your certificate.