Grow Your Fitness Career and Earning Potential
Are you already training clients as a Certified Personal Trainer and looking to diversify yourself from other trainers?
Boosting your influence with specialized credentials in sports conditioning will enable you to expand your services and programs to athletes and competitive sports enthusiasts as well as help to increase your earning potential.
As an AFPA Certified Sports Conditioning Specialist, you will help clients compete at the top of their sport by integrating contemporary trends and scientifically proven training with the best practices in sports conditioning.
What Can I Do As a Sports Conditioning Specialist?
As a Sports Conditioning Specialist, you can work with a variety of different athletic individuals, from new competitors to professional athletes. This is a career that is not only fulfilling mentally, but physically, and inspires others in the process.
Once you've earned an AFPA Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification, you’ll be able to successfully:
- Work with athletes in identifying their weak muscle links that inhibit optimal performance
- Examine a client’s gait and determine how to improve speed and reduce injury
- Administer proper strength and endurance training to minimize injury and increase overall performance
- Teach clients agility training to improve speed, power, coordination, and muscle reflexes
- Identify imbalances in core stability and strength and make necessary changes to correct these imbalances
- Help clients enhance sport-specific skills and/or develop brand new skills
- Design cardiovascular programs to maximize aerobic capacity for endurance athletes
The Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Program Includes:
- Digital eBooks and/or physical textbooks based your learning preference
- Chapter study guide
- Ready-to-use sports conditioning programs
- Goal-setting worksheets
- Training activities
- Practice exam
- Online final exam
What You Will Learn:
This Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification program is designed for personal trainers and fitness professionals looking to specialize and market themselves to targeted populations. The curriculum focuses on:
Periodization Training for Peak Performance
Learn how to periodize training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season and how to use safe and effective reconditioning regimens to bring an athlete back from injury. Topics include:
- Designing periodized workouts and training programs
- Goal setting
- Off-season programs
- In-Season and multi-sport programs
- Restoring performance after injury
Future Developments in Sports Conditioning
Learn to build a conditioning program that gets clients results through testing and building up essential fitness components. Topics include:
- Mobility and stability testing
- Balance & core training
- Strength and endurance testing
- Movement imbalance training
- Strength and endurance exercises
- Power, speed, and agility testing
- Speed and quickness training
- Power, speed, and agility drills
Developing a Sports Performance Training Program
Dive into concepts, exercises, progressions, and sequencing on which a sound functional training program is based. You’ll learn the training exercises and drills for the development of sport-specific performance factors of more than 11 sports, featuring 135 exercises, including body weight, bands and pulleys, dumbbells and kettlebells, medicine balls, and stability balls.
Learning objectives include:
- Understanding baseline fitness testing for sports
- Incorporating sport-specific skills into training
- Creating conditioning drills & designing periodized workouts and training programs for:
- Track/Cross country
- Volleyball & more!
"The course has been very powerful in changing my life. Having a prior fitness background, this course has added a lot of tools that will be very helpful to client, family, friends, and myself."
Mitchel K.Verified Buyer
Is This Program Right For Me?This program is perfect if you:
- Have a driven, growth mindset. You put your passion for learning in the driver’s seat! With new specialized credentials, you can thrive as a professional in an industry that is constantly evolving.
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether you enjoy working independently or at an athletic facility, performance institute, fitness studio, university or prefer to travel with a semi-pro/professional sports team - the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Sports Conditioning Specialist Certification Program, you must:
- Hold a valid Personal Trainer Certification or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Sports Conditioning Specialist” on your certificate.