If you are currently a Certified Personal Trainer and want to reach more clients who have special needs, consider helping those with MS Multiple Sclerosis!
The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation estimates that more than 400,000 people in the United States and about 2.5 million people around the world have MS. About 200 new cases are diagnosed each week in the United States. AFPA has developed the MS Fitness & Wellness Specialist course to provide trainers, coaches and health professionals with the necessary guidelines, exercise protocols, lifestyle recommendations and resources to be successful in helping clients with multiple sclerosis achieve a healthier lifestyle!
This MS Fitness & Wellness Specialist certification will prepare fitness, health and wellness professionals to work with people who have multiple sclerosis and who are looking to control their disease through exercise and nutrition.
What You Will Learn & Course Objectives:
- Describe basic facts about multiple sclerosis, symptoms and treatments, and how MS affects different body systems.
- Identify MS symptoms that affect movement and activity level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the importance and impact of physical activity and nutrition on MS clients’ health, and be an advocate for developing a physically active lifestyle.
- Apply the principles and best practices learned by designing, implementing, and evaluating health-promoting activities and programs.
- Develop exercise, health and wellness programs based on an individual client's limitations and capabilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively educate and/or counsel individuals regarding lifestyle modification.
- Describe safety and accessibility issues important to people with MS when exercising.
- Successfully respond in a rational, sensitive, and critical thinking manner about values and ethics in the health and wellness field with MS clients.
- Implement an action plan on how to become involved, and support the MS community locally and/or nationally.
MS Fitness & Wellness Specialist Course Includes:
- 2 Course Textbooks
- Downloadable PDF Files
- Free Online Videos & Resources
- Online Exam
MS Fitness & Wellness Specialist Level & Hours:
- CEC/CEUs: 16 AFPA CECs
- Intermediate and approximately 50 hours to complete
MS Fitness & Wellness Specialist Qualifications:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Personal Trainer Certification or similar
- Passing grade of 85% on 100-question online exam
- Digital credential provided