The AFPA Group Fitness Instructor Certification course is design for those wanting to learn how to instruct group fitness oriented classes – aerobics, bootcamp, sport conditioning, step, circuit, muscle conditioning, interval and other group exercise modalities. In addition, it will enhance the skills of group exercise leaders and prepare them to lead more dynamic, safe, and effective classes through the development of leadership and technical skills.
Optional Bundled Program:
Bundle the Group Fitness Instructor Certification program with any other AFPA Certification and save $50.00 at check out. Use code 50OFF.
Group Fitness Instructor Certification Course Includes:
- Online Testing – Immediate results and credential
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- All Learning Materials - Certification Course Textbook, Online Video teaching tips, practice quizzes for self assessment to your test progress
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- NO Travel Necessary
Group Fitness Instructor Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Identify the components of a total physical fitness conditioning program.
- Describe various safety variables and methods for injury avoidance.
- Employ established fitness tests and protocols to screen participants for physical activity readiness.
- Explain various warm up movements, cardio-vascular training, resistance training and flexibility exercises.
- Analyze various small equipment in a group exercise classes (handweights, balls, etc.)
- Demonstrate exercises with proper form and alignment.
- Examine the various types of group fitness class formats.
- Describe and execute the movements and cues for different group fitness classes.
- Explain and execute the variations of intensity of movements and exercise for group fitness classes.
- Learn how to develop and implement aerobic, step, kickboxing, indoor cycling and circuit classes.
Group Fitness Instructor Certification Course Topics include the following:
- Methods for evaluating and improving participants’ health and fitness
- Fitness evaluation forms that instructors can copy and distribute to class participants
- Information based on the latest research and major position statements, such as the Surgeon General’s Report: Physical Activity and Health and recommendations from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Helpful hints for changing health-related behaviors
- Injury prevention strategies
- Program organizational strategies
- Tips for dealing with special personal conditions and environmental problems
- Three distinct parts cover the principles of group exercise, guidelines for class segments, and practical teaching skills.
- Illustrations, photos, written descriptions, and DVD examples work together to demonstrate the proper techniques for warm-up, cardiovascular training, strength training, and flexibility training.
- The most popular forms of group exercise classes and key details for a variety of formats, ranging from technique and music selection to step-by-step class routines, are included.
- An instructor evaluation form for directors of group exercise classes.
- Practice drills along with written and practical assignments make the material easy to teach and learn.
- Principles of Group Exercise Instruction & Instructing a Group Exercise Class
- Warm-Up, Cardiorespiratory Training, Muscular Conditioning, Flexibility Training
- High/Low Impact Programs, Step Training, Kickboxing, Stationary Indoor Cycling, Water Exercise
- Other Group Exercise Modalities: Suspension Training, Sport Training, Bootcamp, Rebounding, NIA, Latin, Funk, Hip-Hop, and Country, Barre and Dance-Based Classes, Sports Conditioning and more!
Added Features of the AFPA Group Fitness Instructor Certification Course:
- Group Exercise Class Evaluation Form
- Short Health History Form
- Long Health History Form
- Informed Consent Form
- Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q)
- Muscles and Joint Actions
- Sample Class Routines/Set Up
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Group Fitness Instructor”.
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Comprehensive certification textbook, online video lessons and online exam.
- Passing an online exam with 85% or higher.
- There is a retest fee of $75.00.