11.0 CEC's / Book/ Online / Quiz
Many people suffer from back problems. Some are caused by accidents, infections, or congenital defects - however the majority of back problems are preventable. This course provides all the tools needed to understand how the back works and design a back conditioning prevention program.
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Amplify knowledge of the anatomy of the back and common risk factors for back pain.
- Learn about diagnostic tests and physicians who treat back problems.
- Enhance your client's workout with exercises to help prevent back injuries.
- Understand causes of spinal disk herniations, stenosis, osteoporosis and spinal tumors.
- Expand knowledge on muscle injuries and myofascial back pain.
- Discover how your lifestyle can hurt or help.
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Fitness Tools Needed:
- Stability Ball
Online Hybrid Course Facts:
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you. And then you would review the book.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book that is shipped.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Level and Hours:
- Intermediate/Advanced / 10 Hours / AFPA CEC Award = 10.0
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Course Reviews:
- "A great course! Working in a chiropractic office will give me many opportunities to apply what I have learned from this course." - Eric Troll
- "Thank you. It was much more informative than I expected. I now have a very thorough knowledge of the importance of back injury prevention techniques when planning a fitness program!” - Holly Olsen
- 25 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
Course Hours / CECs/CEUs:
- 10 Hours / AFPA CEC's Award = 10.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Jun 2016
I now have a better understanding of what causes back pain and the exercises the help with back pain. Thank you.
Basic Reading for Back Injury Prevention
Posted by Unknown on 7th Dec 2015
I found this reading good information to relay back to my students age 55 and up.