11.0 CECs / Book and Online / Quiz
Many people suffer from back problems. While some are caused by accidents, infections, or congenital defects, the majority of back problems are preventable. This course provides all the tools needed to understand how the back works and to design a back conditioning prevention program.
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Amplify knowledge of the anatomy of the back and common risk factors for back pain.
- Learn about diagnostic tests and physicians who treat back problems.
- Enhance your client's workout with exercises to help prevent back injuries.
- Understand causes of spinal disk herniations, stenosis, osteoporosis and spinal tumors.
- Expand knowledge of muscle injuries and myofascial back pain.
- Discover how your lifestyle can hurt or help.
Fitness Tools Needed:
- Stability Ball
Online Hybrid Course Facts:
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course, your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website, where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Level and Hours:
- Intermediate/Advanced / 11 Hours / AFPA CEC Award = 11.0
- 25-question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
Course Hours / CECs/CEUs:
- 11 Hours / AFPA CEC's Award = 11.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies, so if you have a double certification, the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Course Reviews:
- "A great course! Working in a chiropractic office will give me many opportunities to apply what I have learned from this course." - Eric Troll
- "Thank you. It was much more informative than I expected. I now have a very thorough knowledge of the importance of back injury prevention techniques when planning a fitness program!” - Holly Olsen