Take Your Personal Training Career To The Next LevelBecome a Certified Advanced Personal Trainer In 6 months or less.
As a Personal Trainer, you know first-hand just how rewarding it is working with clients on reaching their fitness goals.
But what if you could take it to another level?
A level that allows you to diversify your services and programs, increase your salary and design exceptional and progressive workout plans?
The AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer Certification program offers valuable leading-edge insights in health, fitness and nutrition performance to take your career to new heights.
What’s It Like Being a Certified Advanced Personal Trainer?
As an AFPA Certified Advanced Personal Trainer, you’ll have the credibility and confidence to develop goal-oriented exercise programs for deconditioned, conditioned and athletic clients. You’ll also know how to effectively:
- Identify the process of progressive muscular overload with application to athletes
- Demonstrate the differences between isometric and isokinetic resistance with application for sports
- Explain the endocrine system's response to resistance training and apply it to client’s goals
- Differentiate the cardiovascular training effects and high intensity resistance training effects on overall cardiovascular health
- Interpret the physiological effects on the human body of aerobic, anaerobic and interval training
- Construct an advanced periodization program to improve performance
- Design an exercise program based on the principles of specialization and lifting techniques
- Interpret the detraining phenomenon on both motor performance and strength loss
- Demonstrate a safe and effective training program to improve overall power and strength
Join over 119,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.With a 26-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in fitness, holistic wellness and nutrition programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Client Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get exclusive access to legal forms and paperwork, management client forms, worksheets and questionnaires, to ensure you have a solid foundation to start your career.
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
All Course Materials
Online Video Clips for Assessments
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with exclusive resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your fitness business.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
What You’ll Get:
This program is continuously developed by trusted, experienced professionals who are experts in their field.
You’ll gain access top-tier education that will provide you with all of the knowledge and practical skills that you'll need to advance your fitness career.
- All course materials
- eBooks and/or physical textbooks based on your learning preference
- Chapter outlines and chapter study guides
- Online video: 73 video clips demonstrating exercise assessments, procedures, and common errors and offering tips on interacting with clients
- Online learning activities
- Practice quizzes and self assessments
- Final exam
- Advanced training strategies
- Case studies
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
Revealing Functional Weaknesses
Learn how to expose and overcome weaknesses to form a foundation for long-term training gains.
- Identify functional weaknesses and correct imbalances
- Learn how to refine specific movement skills such as jumping, kicking, cutting, and turning
- Tailor the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors
Foundations to Advanced Training
Learn how to test and build up the nine essential fitness components, including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance.
Creating Periodization Programs
Periodize training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season, and if necessary, use a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring a clients athlete back from injury.
- Case study exercise prescriptions
- Advanced training strategies
Stability, Coordination, Mobility and Imbalances
Discover the assessment tests to help find the imbalances in movement patterns. Sample corrective exercises are demonstrated to improve mobility and stability, as well as, ways to integrate these exercises into a regular training program.
“I looked at a lot of certifications out there. You name it, I've looked at it, but AFPA stood out to me. They're out-of-the-box thinkers and so am I! The certification process was fairly easy, it was very effective, and fun to learn.”
Andrew SchuthAFPA Personal Trainer
Is This Program Right For Me?You’re looking for world-class education on strength, power, endurance and improving ability in various advanced training disciplines. This is the perfect program if you:
- Communicate effectively. Having above-average interpersonal skills gives you an edge when it comes to motivating your clients. The best Advanced Personal Trainers go beyond teaching how to execute lifts and exercises effectively by relating with athletes on a trustworthy level.
- Have a driven, growth mindset. You put your passion for learning in the driver’s seat! With new specialized fitness credentials, you can thrive as a professional in an industry that is constantly evolving.
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether you enjoy working independently or at an athletic facility, performance institute, fitness studio, university or prefer to travel with a semi-pro/professional sports team - the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Program, you must:
- Hold a valid Personal Trainer Certification or similar certification.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Advanced Personal Trainer” on your certificate.