Learn how to become a Certified Personal Trainer and teach others how to reach their physical goals and live a healthier life!
With two out of three adults in the United States struggling with their weight, personal trainers have a great opportunity to help people become healthier and influence people and their lifestyle choices in a positive way! AFPA has provided certification and continuing education to over 85,000 Certified Personal Fitness Trainers, Certified Fitness Instructors and Nutrition professionals worldwide and we are passionate about your success AND your clients!
Select Your Delivery Method:
- 100% Online/Digital Delivery Only + Practice Quizzes + Online Exam - Digital Access to the full, mobile-ready course textbooks combined with superior online learning tools and assessments
- Print Textbooks Only + Practice Quizzes + Online Exam (+$50.00)
- Digital + Print + Practice Quizzes + Online Exam (+$150.00)
- Self-paced, self-study, complete assignments and testing when you're ready
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Personal Trainer” on your certificate.
Requirements for AFPA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Comprehensive textbooks and/or digital ebooks, video lessons, quizzes and online exam.
- Free Guide on "How to Start a Successful Online Personal Trainer Business" - a blueprint to increasing your earnings with online training
- Includes an Online Video Library containing 24 video clips, helping readers better apply key techniques covered in the book
- Descriptions and demonstrations of over more than 150 exercises
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- Practice Quizzes - Self assessments to test your progress
- Test When You’re Ready – Become a Certified Personal Trainer in 6 months or less
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Nationally and internationally recognized
- Online Testing - Immediate results and credential
Personal Trainer Certification Course Objectives:
- Identify the business fundamentals of administration, marketing, and management in personal training.
- Employ the communication skills needed in personal fitness instruction.
- Apply the principles of exercise science, human anatomy, and biomechanics to movement design and exercise instruction.
- Name and describe exercise testing procedures to assess cardiorespiratory function, body composition, muscular fitness, and flexibility and give suggestions for improvement in these areas.
- Design educationally-based fitness programs to include cardiovascular training, resistance training and flexibility programs.
- Demonstrate the proper usage of various commercial fitness machines and equipment utilizing appropriate exercise guidelines and spotting techniques.
- Differentiate between appropriate exercise principles and practices for adults, children and older populations.
- Discuss exercise testing and training modifications for special populations.
- Operate as a personal trainer in the health and fitness industry and uphold the AFPA Code of Ethics.
AFPA Personal Trainer Certification Course Topics:
- Health, Fitness, and Performance
- Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Exercise Physiology
- EnergyCosts of Physical Activity
- Assessment of Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Assessment of Body Composition
- Assessment of Muscular Fitness
- Assessment of Flexibility and Low Back Function
- Exercise Prescription for Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Exercise Prescription for Weight Management
- Exercise Prescription for Muscular Fitness
- Exercise Prescription for Flexibility and Low Back Function
- Exercise and Children and Youth
- Exercise and Older Adults
- Exercise and Women’s Health
- Exercise and Heart Disease
- Exercise and Obesity
- Exercise and Diabetes
- Exercise and Pulmonary Disease
- Exercise Programming for Health and Fitness
- Behavior Change
- Exercise Related to ECG and Medications
- Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Legal Considerations
Updated Course Information:
- Step-by-step, you’ll learn the best exercises for increasing speed, explosiveness, athleticism, and endurance.
- Get an in-depth look inside every exercise through stunning anatomical artwork that reveals primary muscles worked along with the relevant surrounding structures, including bones, ligaments, and tendons.
- Learn the best strength and power lifts and progressions, power training drills, and cardio-conditioning workouts.
- Discover over 100 of the most effective bodyweight exercises that can be performed anytime, anywhere.
- Included are hundreds of exercises and dozens of ready-to-use programs using weights and other gym tools.
- Detailed photo sequences depict every movement as well as variations to increase or decrease difficulty.
- Learn how to modify, combine, and sequence exercises to ramp up your routine and avoid plateaus.
- You’ll find expert advice, equipment tips, and safety precautions.
- Passing with 85% or higher. There is a $75.00 retest fee if the passing requirement is not met.