8.0 CECs / Book
The Youth Strength Training course is suitable for personal trainers, fitness instructors, physical education teachers and youth fitness leaders. It’s also a great reference for children, parents, and coaches.
You will learn how to design efficient, enjoyable, and productive programs for youths of varying abilities in elementary school (ages 7 to 10), middle school (ages 11 to 14), and high school (ages 15 to 18). You will focus first on broad-based, balanced muscle development, and then move into comprehensive, sport-specific strength-training programs.
Topics covered in Youth Strength Training program:
- How strength training impacts childhood obesity
- 6 important considerations before implementing a youth strength training program
- Proper administration of a youth strength training program
- Rest and recovery time critical for youth strength training programs
- Productive protocols for warming up and cooling down
- Procedures for enhancing joint flexibility
- Innovative ways to incorporate resistance exercises into physical education classes, sport practice sessions, and exercise facilities
- Proper exercise technique for 111 resistance exercises using weight stack machines, free weights, medicine balls, elastic bands, and bodyweight resistance
Also included new information on periodization and long-term planning, perceived exertion scale for youth, overtraining and undertraining, dynamic warm-ups and static stretches, new exercises, effective instruction of youth, and plyometrics.
Through strength training, kids as young as 7 can safely develop a strong musculoskeletal system that can help them improve their health and fitness and also withstand the rigors of sport participation.