Give Kids The Knowledge and Experience to Live Healthier, More Confident Lives
Did you know? The national obesity rate among youth ages 2 to 19 is 18.5%. Not only is this rate higher than the previous generation, the data shows that in the U.S. alone, childhood obesity is estimated to cost $14 billion annually in direct health expenses.
This online Youth Fitness Specialist Certification program goes beyond exercise by providing a multidisciplinary approach to teaching health-related fitness to youth. This program will show you how to motivate, instruct, and coach kids at the elementary school level to get fit, improve their overall health, and boost their self-esteem.
What’s It Like Being a Youth Fitness Specialist?
Specializing in youth fitness doesn’t just open new doors to a niche fitness market, it gives you a rewarding opportunity to play a positive role model in the life of a child. Once you’re AFPA certified, you’ll be able to:
- Develop competitive games and fitness-driven activities based on the individual’s skill levels
- Create a safe environment for children exercising in larger groups
- Examine and apply motivational techniques to encourage children to exercise and be physically active
- Instruct proper strength and endurance training to minimize injury and increase overall performance
- Differentiate between exercises to enhance sport-specific skills and those to enhance physical wellness
- Construct proper workouts for kids based on the sports and activities they participate in or may like
- Design cardiovascular programs to improve overall health while minimizing children’s risk for obesity and cardiovascular disease
- Determine strength levels of children with safe tests for further exercise recommendations
Join over 119,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.With a 26-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in health, and specialized fitness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Youth Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get access to a sample yearly plan and youth fitness lesson plans, done-for-you outlines for 11 organized events, reproducible instructional materials, motivational strategies, guidelines for including children with disabilities, and so much more!
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
Online Video Lessons
Online Final Exam
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your professional career.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
The Youth Fitness Specialist Certification Program Includes:
- All course materials
- 2 certification textbooks
- Comprehensive manuals and additional video lessons
- Sample yearly plan and youth fitness lesson plans
- Reproducible instructional materials
- Authentic assessment instruments
- Fitness education portfolio
- Motivational strategies
What You Will Learn:
This comprehensive Youth Fitness Specialist Certification program will help you launch a rewarding career building and teaching successful fitness programs that meet the challenging health demands of growing children. There are two major components addressed in this curriculum:
The Foundations of Fitness Education
- Health assessment/authentic assessment
- Behavioral change and motivational strategies
- Motivational strategies
- The spectrum of teaching style class structure
- Principles of health-related physical fitness
- Fitness education for children with physical disabilities
- Getting parents and your community involved
How to Plan and Teach Fitness Education
- Teaching health-related physical fitness concepts and strategies for instruction
- Collaborating with the classroom teacher
- Health-related physical fitness classroom activities
- Developmental exercises
- Cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength and muscular endurance
- Exercises to avoid
- Active games, dance and rhythmic activities
- Planning developmentally appropriate activities, and school-wide events
Becoming an AFPA Certified Youth Fitness Specialist will allow you to empower children to recognize the importance of physical activity as well as give you the knowledge to coach parents and other working professionals on creating customized fitness programs for children and teens.
“I am beyond THRILLED with my program so far. Easy to go at my own pace, easy to understand the process, and the content that I am learning is fantastic! I feel like I am truly being set up for success!”
Tara P.Verified Buyer
Is This Program Right For Me?
The Youth Fitness Specialist Certification Program is perfect for anyone who is:
- Passionate about helping youth improve their physical, mental, social, and emotional development
- Considering a career change towards one that is more fulfilling
- Already an established health professional, such as a personal trainer, and wanting to diversify or expand their health education
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Youth Fitness Specialist Certification, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Youth Fitness Specialist” on your certificate.