The AFPA Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) offers health and fitness teacher's advice on structuring their yoga classes and shows instructors how to get more from their routines. Emphasis is placed on the importance of standing asanas, joint mobility, and muscular strength. Additionally, presented is a regimen of joint-freeing exercises and describes body reading, a technique that allows practitioners to detect muscular imbalances. You will also learn how to assess individual body imbalances and adapt classes around these imbalances and individual's strengths, flexibility, range of motion.
This course was developed with the standards of the Yoga Alliance in mind, in order to help instructors develop the attributes they need to be qualified teachers who facilitate students’ learning and awareness in the practice of yoga.
Yoga Instructor Level II Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Yogic theory and philosophy
- Anatomy and Physiology as they relate to yoga practice • Origins and Theory of Yoga Practice
- Signs of Progress in Yoga Practice
- Anatomy Review of Yoga
- Asana Kinesiology
- Preparation for Practice
- Benefits of Practice
- Anatomy & Mobility Assessment
- Body Reading
- Common Practical Postural Misalignments
- Joint Freedom
- Joint Freeing Series
- Yoga Poses for Optimal Mobility & Strength
- Personalizing Yoga for Individual Imbalances • Learn Yoga for Specific Goals
- Improving Posture
- Enhancing Body Awareness
- Increased strength
- Relief from Pain
- Strengthening the Immune System
- And Much More!
Yoga Instructor Certification Course Includes:
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- All Learning Materials & Exam – NO Added Fees!
- Study Materials Include: 2 course textbooks, 3 instructional DVD's
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- Weekly Newsletter - AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
- Member Discount Offers
- NO Travel Necessary
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, online support material and written exam. Submit exam by mail or email.
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Yoga Instructor Level II" on your certificate.
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Yoga Instructor experience, Yoga Instructor Certification, and/or Yoga Teacher Training
*The Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level II) program builds upon the information presented in the Yoga Fitness Instructor Certification (Level I) program.
It is required that an individual take the Level I course prior to Level II or at least be an experienced yoga practitioner.
Continuing Education Credits/Units:
- This course valid for 16.0 CEC's toward AFPA Certification renewal.
- Passing exam with 85% or higher. Complete the assignments. Retest fee is $75.00.