12.0 CECs / Book / Quiz
Elevate your business! The Triathlon Injury Prevention Specialist will help you expand your marketability to individuals who want to compete in triathlons. The course will assist you to help clients feel confident in their ability to start participating in triathlons and feel more competent in how to approach, prepare for and perform in triathlons.
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Triathlon Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Gain a basic understanding of joint movement.
- Learn proper training for triathlon cycling, swimming and running.
- Discover why lower back muscles can be the source of triathlete ailments, ranging from sciatica to hip pain or burning pain in lower extremities.
- Discover why orthotics can enhance performance and efficiency.
- Learn how proper exercise can help prevent injury.
- Respect the importance of heart rate monitoring.
- Providing the triathlete with hydration suggestions.
Triathlon Injury Prevention Specialist Level and Hours:
- Intermediate/Advanced and 12 hours to complete.
Online Hybrid Course Facts:
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
- 35-question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
Triathlon Injury Prevention Specialist Tools:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands, Medicine Balls, Foam Rollers, Balance Discs.
- 12 hours / AFPA CECs Award = 12.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies, so if you have a double certification, the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
- "Great course. Also learned a lot about trigger points.” - Stephanie Corey-Patterson
- "As a coach for a local triathlon, I found the material to be “spot on.” For anyone looking to train/coach any triathlete this is a great course.” - Gena Alvarez