Learn Systematic Fitness Training To Help Athletes ImproveThe AFPA Strength and Conditioning Certification program offers leading education on resistance training, custom program design, conditioning systems, and how to teach proper performance in order to maximize results.
Dive deep into learning:
- Strength training for the upper, lower, and core sections of the body
- Safe and effective personalized training programs for men, women, children, and the elderly
- Strength and conditioning programs for athletes of all types for various sports at various ages
What Can I Do As a Strength and Conditioning Specialist?
Specializing in strength and conditioning opens the doors for you to work with individual athletes, special populations, sports teams, higher-education institutions as well as professional athletic teams.
As an AFPA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, you will be able to effectively:
- Design scientifically sound resistance training programs
- Modify and adapt programs to meet the needs of special populations and implement strength building exercise programs designed to build power and strength
- Demonstrate the differences between various types of resistance training techniques and their application for various sports and activities
- Explore the cardiovascular training effects and high intensity resistance training effects on overall cardiovascular health
- Identify how the physiological effects on the human body are associated with utilizing super sets, giant sets, and tri-setting
- Construct a sprint training program to improve speed during the off-season
- Recognize the detraining phenomenon on both motor performance and strength loss
- Compare and contrast strength movements, such as bench press, squat, and deadlift, to explosive power movements, such as clean, high pull, and snatch
- Administer a safe, effective and reasonable training program to improve overall power and strength development
Join over 119,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.With a 26-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in health, and specialized fitness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Client Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get access to digital labs, 80 exercises for the greatest muscle stimulation, nutrition periodization program, case studies for sports-specific exercise prescription, and more to give you a solid foundation for a successful career!
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
Comprehensive Certification eBook and/or Textbook
40 Online Videos
Online Final Exam
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your professional career.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
The Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification Program Includes:
- All course materials
- Digital eBook or physical textbook based on your learning preference
- Online learning assessments and video lessons
- New guides on incorporating popular training systems
- 80 exercises that cause the greatest stimulation in the muscles
- Case studies with examples of exercise prescription design in real-life situations involving wrestling, personal fitness, volleyball, and much more
- Online labs and interactive training activities
- Practice exam
- Online final exam
What You Will Learn:
This program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence, and tools that you'll need to begin your journey as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
Basic Principles of Resistance Training and Exercise Prescription
Drawing on the latest scientific principles and theories related to resistance training, you’ll learn the “how” and the “why” behind the proper performance of popular upper body, lower body, and trunk exercises. Topics include:
- Types of strength training
- Comparison of training types
- Integrating additional fitness components
Neuromuscular Physiology and Adaptations to Resistance Training
Understand how resistance training programs are intentionally structured based on one’s physiology. This module covers the right progressive variables, how to choose systems to get your client desired results, and how to adapt exercises based on the athlete’s ability. Topics include:
- Resistance training effects on endurance and flexibility
- Exercise prescription of resistance training
- Developing the individualized resistance training workout
- Acute program variables
Resistance Training Systems and Techniques
Building upon physiology as it applies to resistance training, you’ll explore multiple resistance training systems, techniques, and proven training methods and practice developing effective conditioning programs. Topics include:
- Single-set system
- Multiple-set system
- Exercise order systems
- Training techniques applicable to other systems
- Specialized systems and techniques
Advanced Training Strategies
Your certification wouldn’t be complete without learning how to implement advanced techniques and lead breakthrough training sessions. Topics include:
- Periodization of resistance training
- Two training sessions in one day
- The Detraining phenomenon
- Women, children, and seniors and resistance training
"What I loved most about getting certified with AFPA is that it really opened the opportunities for my long-term career, and it gave me direction."
Tyler Kalisiak, AFPA Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Is This Program Right For Me?You’re looking in the right place if you:
- Communicate effectively. Having above-average interpersonal skills gives you an edge when it comes to motivating your clients. The best Strength and Conditioning Specialists go beyond teaching how to execute lifts and exercises effectively by relating with athletes on a trustworthy level.
- Have a driven, growth mindset. Explore specialities to improve your skills and knowledge and enjoy thriving as a professional in an industry that is constantly evolving!
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether you enjoy working in group settings or one-on-one, for yourself or for a sports league, professional team, athletic department, college, or gym - the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- Hold a valid Personal Trainer Certification or equivalent strongly recommended
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist” on your certificate.