16.0 CEC'S / eBook / Quiz
Your success as a fitness professional depends on your ability to reliably deliver results to clients. Program design expert Alwyn Cosgrove and his director of programming, Craig Rasmussen, will share Alwyn’s proven system for creating programs that take clients from where they are to where they want to be.
With our Secrets of Successful Program Design course, you’ll learn how to properly assess a client and design the most effective program based on their individual goal—whether that is fat loss, muscle and strength building, or improved overall conditioning. You’ll also learn how to customize the training experience of your client on the fly, effectively progressing and regressing exercises according to day-to-day fluctuations in abilities and needs. This will ensure you are delivering the best results possible for each client every time they train.
This guide to building training programs is supplemented with a selection of predesigned workouts that will draw on your skills for progressing and regressing exercises, saving you valuable time and energy while still allowing you to produce a personalized experience for your client.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain and apply the four-step process of program design.
- Identify the primary factor that all program design starts with.
- Effectively manipulate the primary programming variables based on the desired outcome.
- Explain the difference between a program and a workout.
- Choose an appropriate program for an incoming client based on the person’s training age.
- Know the purpose of screening and be able to utilize it to determine whether an exercise is the correct fit for a client.
- Effectively progress or regress an exercise based on progression principles.
- Recognize why it is preferable to use a movement-based approach rather than a muscle-based approach in programming.
- Identify why strength is such an important physical quality and how to apply progressive overload in practice.
- Effectively design a group or individual program for a variety of client goals.
This Secrets of Successful Program Design course is great for Personal Trainers, Sports Conditioning, and Health Coaches.