8.0 CECs/ Online / Quiz
As a Running Injury Specialist, you will learn the causes of the most common running injuries, and how to enhance your client's workout with training techniques for pain-free, performance running.
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Gain insight on common beginner running mistakes.
- Discover why spasms can stop you in your tracks.
- Learn the trigger points that affect runners.
- Learn self-care techniques to prevent and eliminate spasms.
- Find the answer to choosing the right running surface.
- Learn how to gain the edge for optimum running performance.
- Understand muscles and the source of pain.
- Discover the training palette of an elite runner.
- Respect the importance of heart rate monitoring.
- Discover why foot care can enhance performance and efficiency.
- Apply the key workouts and four phases of fast runners.
- Understand time-to-rest body indicators.
- Gain insight on tips for your first race.
- Enhance your knowledge about proper body alignment.
- Develop a preventive running exercise program.
- Understand the importance of cross-training.
- Gain insight on how to create a beginner running program.
Hours to Complete:
- Intermediate - 8-9 hours / AFPA CEC Award = 8
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Fitness Tools:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands
Online Course Facts:
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smartphone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE; if you do not have this, you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
- GMP customer support.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
Qualifications to Take the CE Course:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
- 25-question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
- 8-9 Hours / AFPA CEC Award = 8
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies, so if you have a double certification, the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.