8.0 CEC's/ Online / Quiz
AFPA Endorsed Education Provider Course By GMP Fitness
As a Running Injury Specialist you will learn the causes of the most common running injuries, and how enhance your client's workout with training techniques for pain free, performance running.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Gain insight on common beginner running mistakes.
- Discover why spasms can stop you in your tracks.
- Learn the trigger points that affect runners.
- Learn self care techniques to prevent and eliminate spasms.
- Find the answer on choosing the right running surface.
- Learn how to gain the edge for optimum running performance.
- Understand muscles and the source of pain.
- Discover the training palette of an elite runner.
- Respect the importance of heart rate monitoring.
- Discover why foot care can enhance performance and efficiency.
- Apply the key workouts and four phases of fast runners.
- Understand time to rest body indicators.
- Gain insight on tips for your first race.
- Amplify knowledge about proper body alignment.
- Develop a preventive running exercise program.
- Understand the importance of cross-training.
- Gain insight on how to create a beginner running program.
Hours to Complete:
- Intermediate - 8-9 Hours / AFPA CEC Award = 8
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Fitness Tools:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands.
Online Course Facts:
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
- GMP customer support.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
Qualifications to take the CE Course:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
- 25 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
- 8-9 Hours / AFPA CEC Award = 8
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Posted by Lisa on 22nd Mar 2015
Great info! I am looking forward to incorporating this into our marathon training group!
Posted by Unknown on 28th Oct 2014
I loved the book I received and feel I will reference it in the future. Easy to read and find information. Very helpful.