Learn the skills and knowledge necessary to offer Post Rehabilitation Exercise services to clients and receive the recognition for being on the forefront of healthcare to your clients and those you serve.
This course will teach you how to develop safe and effective post-rehabilitative fitness programs for clients with various limitations who are recovering from a variety of injuries, disease and/or treatments. With proper training and networking capabilities, you can take the next step toward receiving a higher hourly income, as well as becoming the potential training company or facility for post-rehab patients/clients from area hospitals, physical therapist clinics and Sport and Senior Rehab Centers.
The Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification Course is designed to help you:
- Develop and implement exercise programming and testing for clients, especially those coping with multiple conditions
- Keep informed of the latest developments related to chronic diseases and disabilities
- Apply exercise programming in your day-to-day practice
- Parlay specific symptoms of a disease or disability into an effective exercise testing or programming prescription
- Stay current on the latest drugs used to treat chronic diseases and disabilities
- Emphasize practical application rather than scientific theory
Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe the framework for determining functional capacity.
- Develop appropriate exercise programming for clients with disease and disability.
- Identify muscle origin and insertions and determine directionality of muscle contraction.
- Recognize interactions of medications and their effects on exercise.
- Evaluate which basic principles of exercise testing and prescription will be applicable based on the pre-existing medical condition of client.
- Identify the practical application of exercise programs in the management of a variety of chronic medical conditions.
- Differentiate between muscle weakness caused by lack of use or caused as a result of a medical condition such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Construct an exercise program to minimize low back pain and improve overall core strength.
- Design an exercise program around orthopedic limitations due to knee, back, shoulder and other types of injuries.
- Arrange a safe, effective, and structured exercise program encouraging clients while working to improve quality of life and ADL (activities of daily living).
Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification Course Topics Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Concepts of Rehabilitation
- Basic Components of Therapeutic Exercise
- Concepts of Healing
- The Role of Therapeutic Exercise in Healing
- Concepts in Physics
- Evaluation, Assessment and Examination
- Keeping Rehabilitation Records
- Therapeutic Exercise Parameters and Techniques
- Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Measuring Range of Motion
- Manual Therapy Techniques
- Muscle Strength and Endurance
- Evaluating Muscle Strength
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- The ABCs of Proprioception
- Therapeutic Exercise for Proprioception
- Functional Exercise
- Functional Evaluation
- A Lower-Extremity Functional Progression
- An Upper-Extremity Functional Progression
- Aquatic Therapeutic Exercise
- Swiss Ball Exercises
- Foam Roller Exercises
- Rehabilitation for the Spine and Sacroiliac
- Rehabilitation for the Shoulder and Arm
- Rehabilitation Elbow and Forearm
- Rehabilitation Wrist and Hand
- Rehabilitation Foot, Ankle, and Lower Leg
- Rehabilitation Knee and Thigh
- Rehabilitation Hip
Post-Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification Course Includes:
- Study at your own pace
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- All Learning Materials Included - 2 Course Textbooks
- Real-life case studies that help professionals and clinicians combine scientific knowledge with experience to find appropriate solutions for each individual
- Online video demonstrates some of the more difficult or unique techniques and can be used in everyday practice
- Full-color content with updated art provides students with a clearer understanding of complex anatomical and physiological concepts
- 40 video clips highlight therapeutic techniques to enhance comprehension of difficult or unique concepts
- Clinical tips illustrate key points in each chapter to reinforce knowledge retention and allow for quick reference
- More than 830 color photos and more than 330 illustrations, to assist with complicated concepts for future and practicing rehabilitation clinicians
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Comprehensive textbooks, online video and online exam.
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Post Rehabilitation Exercise Specialist” on your certificate
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Personal Trainer Certification or similar
- Passing exam with 85% or higher.
- There is a $75.00 retest fee.
Continuing Education Credits/Units:
- This course is valid for 16.0 AFPA CECs toward certification renewal.