Take Your Personal Trainer Career to the Next Level
As the fitness and health care industries continue to evolve and new technologies surface, fitness professionals find themselves working with more clients with musculoskeletal, neurologic, and cardiovascular conditions.
Bring in the skills and knowledge necessary to offer Post Rehabilitation Exercise services to clients and receive the recognition for being on the forefront of healthcare to your clients and those you serve!
The AFPA Post Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification is designed to teach you how to effectively work with people who are recovering from injury, disease, and/or treatment.
What’s It Like Being a Post Rehab Exercise Specialist?
Building upon your knowledge as a Personal Trainer, you have the power to make a huge impact on the well-being of clients by helping them achieve pain-free living.
As an AFPA Certified Post Rehab Exercise Specialist, you’ll have the knowledge, skills and professionalism to:
- Develop and implement exercise programming and testing for clients with disease and disability as well as those coping with multiple conditions
- Engineer specific symptoms of a disease or disability into an effective exercise testing or programming prescription
- Recognize and counsel on interactions of medications and their effects on exercise
- Identify and instruct on the practical application of exercise programs in the management of a variety of chronic medical conditions
- Construct an exercise program to minimize low back pain and improve overall core strength
- Design an exercise program around orthopedic limitations due to knee, back, shoulder, and other types of common injuries
- Arrange a safe, effective, and structured exercise program for clients while working to improve quality of life and ADL (activities of daily living)
Join over 119,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.With a 26-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in elite fitness and wellness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Client Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get exclusive access to bonus resources so that you have a solid foundation to start your career as a Post Rehab Exercise Specialist.
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
All Course Materials
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with exclusive resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your specialized fitness business.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
What You’ll Get:
- All course materials
- eBooks and/or physical textbooks based on your learning preference
- Chapter outlines and chapter study guides
- Online video library: 40 demonstrations of rehab and exercise techniques
- Over 330 illustrations to assist in the understanding of complex anatomical and physiological concepts
- Online practical activities, labs, and case studies
- Practice quizzes and self assessments
- Online final exam
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
Develop therapeutic, post rehabilitation exercise programs that enhance quality of life and performance. You’ll learn:
Concepts of Rehabilitation
Identify and interpret how therapeutic exercise is intended to enable the client to remediate or prevent impairments of body functions and structures, enhance activities and participation, reduce risk, optimize overall health, and enhance fitness and well-being. Topics include:
- Basic components of therapeutic exercise
- Concepts of healing
- The role of therapeutic exercise in healing
- Evaluation, assessment and examination
- Keeping rehabilitation records
- Therapeutic exercise parameters and techniques
- Range of motion and flexibility
- Measuring range of motion
- Manual therapy techniques
Therapeutic Exercise for Musculoskeletal Injuries
Where and how does strength training fit into a recovery plan? Dive into why evaluating and building muscle strength plays a vital role in injury prevention and rehabilitation. Topics include:
- Evaluating muscle strength
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- The ABCs of proprioception
- Therapeutic exercise for proprioception
Therapeutic Exercise for Chronic Diseases & Disabilities
Discover the significance of exercise for the treatment and prevention of disease and the proper exercise prescription protocols and experience evidence-informed guidance on devising individualized exercise programs.
- Exercise recommendations for persons with chronic conditions
- Effects on the exercise response and of exercise training
- Recommendations for exercise testing and exercise programming
- Case studies and exercise program recommendations for over 30 chronic diseases and disabilities including cardiovascular diseases, pulmonary diseases, neuromuscular conditions, cognitive and psychological disorders, cancer and much more
Assess how applying functional exercise training helps improve the ability to perform activities of daily living and restore range of motion and stability. Topics include:
- Functional evaluation
- Upper & lower extremity functional progression
- Aquatic therapeutic exercise
- Swiss ball exercises
- Rehabilitation for the spine and sacroiliac
- Rehabilitation for the shoulder and arm
- Rehabilitation for elbow and forearm
- Rehabilitation for wrist and hand
- Rehabilitation for foot, ankle, and lower leg
- Rehabilitation for knee and thigh
"AFPA has been great! Affordable, self-paced education that is extremely beneficial to the learning experience. I have gotten so much from this program and will continue to further my education through AFPA."
Tracey F.Verified Buyer
Is This Program Right For Me?
The Post Rehab Exercise Specialist Certification Program is perfect for anyone who is:
- Passionate about helping people make an empowered comeback from injuries
- Already an established health professional and wanting to diversify or expand their education
- Seeking flexible career opportunities or taking the next step toward receiving a higher hourly income
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Post Rehab Exercise Specialist Program, you must:
- Hold a valid Personal Trainer Certification or equivalent and have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Post Rehab Exercise Specialist” on your certificate.