The AFPA Pilates Instructor Props Certification course is designed for instructors who have previous experience with classical Pilates mat exercises. It is strongly recommended that participants have prior knowledge of anatomy, experience in teaching a related form of movement and/or exercise, as well as have completed the AFPA Pilates Instructor Mat Certification - Level I course, or similar thereof.
Students will learn how to teach the full progression from Beginner to Advanced Classical Mat Pilates exercises, in addition to learning how to incorporate various apparatus such as the Pilates Ring, Pilates Body Band and Pilates Core Reformer tubing. Instructors who pass this course are fully prepared and certified to teach the most popular and effective group and private Pilates training in the world to various populations and those with stability and balance limitations!
In addition, you will be instructed on how to make your Pilates mat class more interesting and enjoyable by introducing accessories that expand your Pilates mat exercises. You will learn the unique characteristics of a variety of props.
The AFPA Pilates Instructor Props Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe the mind and body connection as it relates to Pilates.
- Demonstrate proper alignment, posture and movement.
- Develop a powerful Pilates practice.
- Explain the eight principles of Pilates, and then implement each into your class.
- Construct effective Pilates routines using the CoreReformer, Pilates Band and Pilates Ring.
- Identify the physiological effects on the human body using the Wunda Chair, barrels, Ped-a-Pul, arm chair and magic circle.
- Describe and compare the general movement anatomical vocabulary for yourself and your students.
- Design an exercise program to increase core strength and reduce low back tightness.
- Administer a safe and effective Pilates program for all ages and levels of fitness and movement proficiency.
Topics Covered in the Pilates Instructor Props Certification Course:
- Mind and Body Enhancement
- Posture, Alignment, and Movement
- Powerful Pilates Practice
- Classical Joseph Pilates’ method for: basic, intermediate, advanced and super advanced workouts Universal Reformer
- Advanced Universal Reformer series of exercises on the Mat
- Small Apparatus Usage: Pilates Body Ring for effective, efficient moves for core muscles and lower body
- Elastic Body Band: Intermediate-to-advanced level movements
- Pilates CoreReformer: Movement sequences for optimal alignment for balance and stability
- Wunda Chair
- Arm Chair
- Fundamental Sequences
- Intermediate Sequences
- Advanced Sequences
- Classical Pilates modified mat levels to help facilitate safety and stability of the neck and back
- Special focus on classical Pilates for children and teens:
Safe and effective Pilates exercises for children ages 5-12, and 13-17, which help improve Personal Body Image, Mental Concentration, Injury Prevention, Strength & Flexibility, Weight Management, Self-esteem and Confidence, Coordination & Balance.
Pilates Instructor Props Certification Course Includes:
- No Travel Is Necessary
- Study at your own pace
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- All Learning Materials Included - 2 Textbooks and 7 Instructional DVD’s, Pilates Body Ring, Pilates Circle, Pilates Back and Core Kit
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Weekly AFPA Blog posts with latest health and fitness trends
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and written exam.
- Submit exam by mail or email.
- Self-paced, self-study program, complete assignments and exam when you're ready
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Pilates Instructor - Level II Props” on your certificate.
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pilates Instructor Mat Certification or similar
- Passing exam with 85% or higher.
- There is a $75.00 retest fee.