Pilates has been endorsed by physicians for nearly a century. Pilates is truly the ultimate mind-body exercise for anyone how wants to strengthen, streamline and realign their body! The AFPA Pilates Instructor Mat Certification course was designed for fitness professionals who desire to learn more about the teachings of Joseph Pilates and how to implement the teachings into a group or one on one setting.
You will learn excellent teaching skills, how to plan a class, how to create confidence in your students and how and when to provide posture corrections. The Pilates Instructor Certification program is designed to educate participants about the Joseph Pilates techniques and variations, and how to incorporate them into an individual and group setting. This course will enable you to formulate your own personal teaching style.
The AFPA Pilates Instructor Mat Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and evolution of Pilates.
- Describe the principles of Pilates and their applications.
- Identify core stabilizing muscles utilized for specific exercises.
- Practice and demonstrate basic Pilates mat exercises.
- Employ proper progression of the mat exercises with discretion of student appropriateness.
- Utilize Pilates exercises to enhance outcomes for overuse injuries, arthritis, postural disorders, mal-alignment issues, and low back pain.
- Deploy appropriate communication strategies and professionalism incorporating the AFPA Code of Ethics.
- Implement appropriate fitness resources, equipment and protocols.
Topics Covered in the Pilates Instructor Mat Certification Course:
- Joseph Pilates theory and philosophy
- Anatomy and Physiology as they relate to Pilates practice
- Effects of Lifestyle and Stress on the Body
- How We Establish Faulty Movements
- Mental Control Over Physical Movement
- The Eight Principles of Joseph H. Pilates’ Method
- The Importance of Posture & Establishing a Pattern of Muscle Control
- Body Awareness & Posture
- How to Make Your Pilates Workout Effective and Safe
- Pilates Exercise Routines – Basic, Intermediate and Advanced
- Pilates Exercise Routines for Lower Back Pain and Weak Abdominals
- 300 photographs of each exercise for each level of intensity.
Pilates Instructor Mat Certification Course Includes:
- No Travel Is Necessary
- Study at your own pace
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- All Learning Materials Included - 2 Textbooks and Instructional DVD
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Weekly AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
- Member Discount offers
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and written exam. Submit exam by mail or email.
- Self-paced self-study program, complete assignments and testing when you're ready
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Pilates Instructor (Mat)” on your certificate.
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Passing a written/practice exam with 85% or higher. There is a $75.00 restest fee.