Motivate Others To Strengthen and Realign Their Body Through a Whole-Body Fitness Approach
Pilates workouts set a powerful foundation for any genre of movement and can easily be adapted for all ages, mobility, and fitness levels. Unlike some forms of exercise, Pilates does not overdevelop some parts of the body and neglect others.
Pilates workouts promote and focus on the following aspects:
- Core strength and flexibility
- Lean, balanced muscle development
- Limiting pain and improving joint functions
- Increased mind-body connection
What’s It Like Being A Pilates Fitness Instructor?
Pilates is truly the ultimate mind-body exercise for anyone who wants to lose weight, tone muscle, and increase mobility-from everyday movement to sports performance.
As an AFPA Certified Pilates Fitness Instructor, you can expect to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, principles, and evolution of Pilates and describe its applications in real-world health
- Help clients and class participants identify core stabilizing muscles utilized for specific exercises
- Practice and model basic Pilates mat exercises
- Guide students to employ proper progression of the mat exercises to advance in their fitness journey
- Utilize Pilates exercises to enhance outcomes for overuse injuries, arthritis, postural disorders, malalignment issues, and low back pain
- Guide students through a safe and challenging Pilates classes
- Teach privately; tailoring one-on-one sessions to meet the specific needs and goals of the student
- Become inspired to develop a Pilates or specialized fitness business-leading workshops, retreats, and special events
- Develop trust and rapport with students, deploying appropriate communication strategies and professionalism
Join over 130,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.With a 27-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in health, holistic wellness, and specialized fitness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Pilates Class Routines
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get unlimited 3 month access to over 3,400 Pilates classes & workshops so you can lead your first classes with confidence!
More than 200 exercises and more than 50 variations.
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
Discover everything inside this program below.
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with exclusive resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your holistic business.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
The Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification Program Includes:
- All course materials
- 3 course textbooks
- Unlimited 3 month access to over 3,400 classes online for all levels and durations
- Guide for teaching movement and exercises for all-levels (Over 300 photos for detailed, easy-to-follow instruction)
- Pilates exercise routines – basic, intermediate and advanced
- Pilates exercise routines for lower back pain and weak abdominals
- Written assignment
- Online final exam
What You Will Learn:
The AFPA Pilates Fitness Instructor Certification curriculum includes (but is not limited to):
“My learning experience while going through the AFPA certification process was fantastic! The course was perfect for people with little or no previous experience while remaining challenging for a seasoned professional.”
- L. Sugden
Is This Program Right For Me?You know you’re in the right place if you:
- Are a people-person. You are naturally engaging and want to be the go-to leader for sparking positive change through inclusive, interactive, and intimate teaching experiences.
- Seek a career change or part-time job motivating participants toward reaching their personal fitness goals and streamlining their physical alignment.
- Crave personal and professional development opportunities. This program is the clear choice for anyone interested in anatomy and physiology, the inner workings of the body, the science of movement and how it’s used to optimize health, how fitness is evolving, and the mind-body connection.
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Pilates Instructor Certification, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Pilates Fitness Instructor ” on your certificate.