Create Life-Changing Results by Becoming a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant
The AFPA Nutrition and Wellness Consultant Certification is your ticket to an elite nutrition education, the credibility to teach it, and the skill to turn action into results.
- Just starting out in the health, fitness, or wellness industry
- Passionate about health and considering a career change
- Wanting to deepen their knowledge of how to give nutritional guidance
You can become AFPA certified in 6 months or less!
What Can I Do as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant?
- Educate clients on everything from weight management to peak fitness performance based on the most optimal nutrition regimen for their needs
- Offer sound nutritional guidance and co-create solutions for clients
- Assist clients in reaching their weight and nutritional goals
- Identify how to reinforce positive food habits and behaviors
- Explore evidenced based strategies to achieve optimal health through food
What’s the Difference Between the Holistic Nutritionist Certification and This One?
- The Nutrition and Wellness Consultant Certification program focuses on evidenced based strategies to achieve optimal health through food based on MyPlate, a government recommended revision of the Food Pyramid.
- The Holistic Nutrition Certification Program focuses on evidenced based strategies to achieve optimal health with 90/10 whole foods and plant-based nutrition.
What You’ll Get:
This Program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence and tools that you'll need to begin your journey as a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant.
- All course materials
- Digital eBooks and/or physical textbooks based your learning preference
- Chapter outlines and chapter study guides
- Practice quizzes and self assessments
- Multimedia learning: PDF slide presentations, Audio + Video Lecture
- Online final exam
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Forms, worksheets, checklists and client questionnaires
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
Start off learning fundamental nutritional principles, followed by the basics of micro, macro, and energy-influencing nutrients. You’ll find additional chapters on alcohol, weight management, life-cycle nutrition, food safety, and world hunger. Each part of this module relates nutrition science directly and practically so you can understand and apply the information to your own life as well as your prospective clients.
Educational topics include:
- The art of understanding nutrition
- The pursuit of a healthy diet
- The challenge of dietary guidelines
- Nutrition anatomy: digestion and metabolism
- Carbohydrates: simple, complex and guidelines; hypoglycemia, diabetes, and sugar
- Lipids: fats and oils; good fats and bad fats, understanding fat replacers
- Proteins and amino acids: protein quality, recommendations, and the vegetarian diet
- Vitamins: classifications and guidelines; antioxidants, energy metabolism, and phytonutrients
- Water, minerals and alcohol: absorption, energy metabolism and nutritional impact
- Weight gain, loss and successful weight loss strategies
- Nutrition and fitness: energy, fuels and fluids for physical activity
- Latest research on DRIs, healthy fats, organic foods, athletes and supplements
- Cultural foods and ethnic differences
- Pregnancy and nutrition requirements
- Nutrition needs and recommendations for infants, children and teens
- Nutrition for needs and recommendations for older adults and seniors
- Food safety and foodborne illnesses
- Food storage and preparation
- Aids to calculations and the food exchange
- American Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Canadian Dietary Guidelines and Recommendations
- Table of Food Composition
Nutrition Consultant Skill Development
Dive into building the essential knowledge of successful counseling strategies and protocol. To further enhance your knowledge, you will explore practical examples, action-based worksheets, and case studies that demonstrate various theoretical approaches, counseling strategies, and common nutritional assessments in a variety of settings.
Additional areas of study include:
- Goal setting and designing a plan of action
- Dietary assessment
- Energy determinations, physical assessment, documentation/charting
- Group counseling
Holistic Health Research Presentations
Analyze the most current research, including practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families to reverse chronic diseases.
Once you’ve completed this course and become an AFPA Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, you’ll also be eligible for optional Board Certification.
Is This Program Right For Me?Only you are the master of your professional destiny. You’re looking in the right place if you:
- Find it incredibly rewarding helping others reach their goals and coaching on how to live healthier and happier lives.
- Seek easy entry. Instead of spending years going to school to become a doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant, you’ll put your expertise into practice faster and start helping clients sooner. Also? You’ll save tens of thousands of dollars in the process.
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether working in group settings or one-on-one, for yourself or at a wellness center, corporate wellness program, or medical office, the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Endless Opportunities for Professional Growth
AFPA programs are trusted by elite health professionals worldwide. As a Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, you could earn upwards of $83,000 per year, with median salaries around $55,000.
Become an Entrepreneur
You’ll have access to AFPA’s business resources to help you establish a successful nutrition consulting business. As a wellness entrepreneur, you can live out your dream on your own time, in your own way. You’ll learn step-by-step how to establish a reputable consulting business that will allow you to meet with clients in a variety of settings, whether a physical therapy center, hospital, coffee shop, or at home.
Find Your Dream Workplace
Getting certified with AFPA will provide you with the education, tools, and knowledge to help your clients achieve their nutrition and wellness goals. Many of our graduates use their accredited education to pursue a variety of career paths such as sports nutritionists, corporate wellness consultants, health educators, nutrition and wellness writers and more.
Accreditations That Matter
- All AFPA nutrition program curriculums fully meet the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) board educational requirements, making any AFPA nutrition graduate eligible to become a Board Certified Nutrition Professional.
- The AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant program is internationally accredited by by the Federation for Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- AFPA is accredited by the ANMAB. Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply for Board Certification with the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board.
- AFPA is an accredited training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM).
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Nutrition & Wellness Consultant Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Nutrition & Wellness Consultant” on your certificate.