The AFPA Master Trainer of Special Populations Program is the Ultimate Educational Training Available In Specialized Fitness.
Discover the Techniques and Strategies by the BestCompleting this program will set you apart from your competition.
You’ll graduate having the advanced expertise, apt professionalism, and confidence to effectively change the lives of clients who:
- Live with varying degrees of medical complications
- Are recovering from injury or treatment of disease
- Have orthopedic limitations
- Are pregnant or postpartum
- Are older adults, senior, or youth
What is the AFPA Master Trainer of Special Populations Certification Program?
This program provides the total package, an all-inclusive education and training that will enable you to combine safe and effective physical activity, appropriate lifestyle changes, and emotional support into uniquely specialized fitness programs that will help you best help your clients achieve their goals.
The Master Trainer of Special Populations Certification program is made up of four superlative courses, each with its own exam to test your learning.
- Personal Trainer for Special Populations Certification
- Youth Fitness Specialist Certification
- Prenatal & Postnatal Fitness Specialist Certification
- Senior Fitness Specialist Certification
What Makes This Certification Different?
To succeed at a level of excellence working with special populations, it takes strong interpersonal skills, a passion for health and fitness, and an unprecedented education in advancing through several stages of professional development...
And as an AFPA Certified Master Trainer of Special Populations, you’ll be fully prepared.
Personal Trainer of Special Populations Certification:
Provides evidence-informed guidance on developing exercise programs significant in the treatment and prevention of disease. You will analyze and implement exercise management programs for over 30 different chronic diseases, disabilities, and dysfunctions, such as metabolic syndrome, stress and anxiety, fibromyalgia, and multiple other chronic conditions.
Senior Fitness Specialist Certification:
Clarifies important factors such as exercise physiology and the aging systems, conditions requiring special considerations, land exercise, and how to develop an optimized fitness program for older adults. You’ll study how to help senior populations live a better quality of life through thoughtfully-designed physical activity.
Youth Fitness Specialist Certification:
Gives you practical knowledge on how to motivate and instruct kids at the elementary school level to get fit, improve their overall health, and boost their self-esteem. You’ll learn to teach proper strength, cardiovascular, and endurance training to minimize injury, sharpen sports-specific skills, increase overall performance and health, and lower children’s risk for obesity and cardiovascular disease.
Prenatal & Postnatal Fitness Specialist Certification:
Provides a richer understanding of how to counsel on exercise, proper nutrition, and overall maternity health for both the prenatal client and her unborn baby. You’ll discover effective methods for programming exercises for women who are prenatal, pregnant, or postpartum as well as create nutritional strategies that suit the changing nutritional needs for women that are prenatal and in each stage of pregnancy.
When you have completed all four specialized fitness certification programs, you will have earned the AFPA Master Trainer of Special Populations Certification.
Join over 110,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.
With a 25-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in nutrition and wellness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during and even after enrollment.
4 Elite Programs. 1 Affordable Price.
AFPA is dedicated to bringing you the most advanced, innovative, and industry-leading certification programs so that you can reach your career goals quickly and affordably.
What You Receive In Each Course:
Personal Trainer of Special Populations Certification
- 1 comprehensive textbook
- Online video lectures, PDF downloads and business resources
- Forms, worksheets, and checklists to boost client experience
Prenatal & Postnatal Fitness Specialist Certification
- 3 certification textbooks
- Flexible workout plans - for strength, cardiovascular conditioning, agility,and balance for each stage of pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Fitness assessment worksheets
- Resources for eating well to support pregnancy
- Yoga exercise guidelines for each trimester
Youth Fitness Specialist Certification
- 2 certification textbooks
- Sample fitness lesson plans
- Guidelines for including children with impairments
Senior Fitness Specialist Certification
- 2 certification textbooks
- Guidebook on legal standards, risk management, and professional ethics
- Sport-specific programs for tennis, golf, cycling and more
- Exercise considerations for medical conditions
Plus: Study guidelines, course downloads, completion schedule (to keep you on track!), course assignments, and 4 final exams.
Is This Program Right For Me?Only you are the master of your professional destiny. You’re looking in the right place if you:
- Are interested in working with clients one-on-one and guiding them toward making lasting, meaningful behavioral changes to enhance their lives
- Desire the freedom and flexibility that comes with running your own specialized health and fitness business
- Are looking to change careers and align yourself on a professional path that is deeply satisfying and financially rewarding
- Want to get the best education without constraints on your schedule, lifestyle, or bank account
Best Program Ever!!!
I am beyond THRILLED with my program so far. Easy to go at my own pace, easy to understand the process, and the content that I am learning is fantastic! I feel like I am truly being set up for success.
Tara P. Verified Buyer
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Master Trainer of Special Populations Certification Program, you must:
- Hold a valid Personal Trainer Certification or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
When you complete the AFPA Master Trainer of Special Populations Certification program you will earn a total of five (5) certifications: Personal Trainer of Special Populations, Senior Fitness Specialist, Prenatal & Postnatal Fitness Specialist Certification, Youth Fitness Specialist, and the AFPA Master Personal Trainer of Special Populations Certification.