6.0 CECs / Online / Quiz
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Enroll in the Lower Body Stability Ball Specialist Course to expand your marketability to your fitness and personal training clients who need to increase their leg strength, core strength, and lower body balance and flexibility. You will learn to implement the movements to help improve your client's lower and core body strength, flexibility and balance. All stability ball exercises are adaptable for beginner, intermediate and advanced level clients.
This course will start with lower body movements for your beginner clients by breaking down moves to the simplest form to establish flexibility and strength on the stability ball. It will progress to more innovative exercise ball techniques and advanced positioning for your more advanced and experienced clients.
- Gain insight on beginner to more advanced stabilization techniques.
- Amplify knowledge of lower body ball exercises and how to set proper intensity levels.
- Find out appropriate guidelines and instructional tips when using the stability ball.
- Learn the muscles being used when performing the conditioning moves.
- Review guidelines when using the stability ball to the lower body.
- Learn new ideas on how to stretch.
- Provide appropriate instructional cues for proper exercise technique.
- Enhance knowledge on the benefits of using the stability ball.
- Learn to progress through exercises moving from basic to more difficult through body position changes.
- Illustrate various progressions.
- Apply and incorporate stability ball training for the lower body and some additional exercises for the torso.
Online Course Facts:
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smartphone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course, your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website, where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE; if you do not have this, you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
- GMP customer support.
Bonus Course Components:
- Video Content
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
Course Level / Course Completion Time:
- Entry / Intermediate / 6 hours
Course Topics Include:
- Exercise Sciences
- Stability Ball Exercise Programming
- Flexibility and Balance on the Stability Ball
- Stability Ball Lower Body Training
- 25-question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
- 6-7 Hours / AFPA CECs Award = 6.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be app
- “New ideas and affirmation of positioning techniques and communication of positioning and alignment. In teaching class using a G-ball and instructing the benefits to clients of balance and flexibility using this method of exercise. Also communicating the benefits to proper progression of these stability exercises. Easy to follow and useful exercises with options for each exercise (levels of progression).” - Susan Kopicki, ACE Certified Professional
- “Greater understanding of using the stability ball and stability exercises to enhance my clients fitness. I will incorporate in their workouts. It was a great course.” - Rebecca Stelzer, ACE Certified Professional
- “Awareness of proper form and cues to use while training clients on the G Ball, depending on their level and ability. A refresher on specific muscle groups targeted on each exercise is always beneficial. I often incorporate the G Ball in the core segment of my routines. This course introduced me to some new conditioning exercises as well as some great stretches to use. I have gained knowledge on some alignment cues as well. I thought the course was easy to follow and very thorough. I would recommend it to any trainer looking for new safe and effective ways to work on core strength. The G Ball is a great piece of equipment to vary anyone’s stretching and strength routines.” - Kasie Sullivan, ACE Certified Professional