17.0 CEC's / Book / Quiz
Learn the biological processes involved in aging and the longevity research that will help clients lead a healthy and productive life. As a Longevity Wellness Specialist you will learn the anti-aging therapies that help slow and or reverse human aging; and help your clients feel rejuvenated & renewed!
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Longevity Wellness Specialist Objectives:
- Review exercise and relation to disease.
- Understand good posture vs. poor posture and its effects on aging.
- Gain knowledge of exercise prescription and guidelines for older adults.
- Study cutting-edge anti-aging nutrients, vitamins, co-vitamins and cofactors.
- Learn how to determine your stress levels and your biological vs. chronological age.
- Discover the emerging environmental hazards and detoxification basics.
- Effects of good posture vs. bad posture on aging
- Exercise prescription guidelines for older adults
- Theories on aging
Longevity Wellness Specialist Level and Hours:
- Intermediate and 17 Hours to complete. Self paced/self study.
Online Hybrid Course Facts:
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you. And then you would review the book.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book that is shipped.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
- 60 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
- 17+ Hours / AFPA CEC's Award = 17.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Longevity Wellness Specialist Reviews:
- “I found this course loaded with useful and valuable information for myself and my class participants.” - Joanne Reiter
- "I gained more knowledge from this course than from any other that I have done!" - Kim Blauvelt
- "I learned so many things - I'd highly recommend this program to anyone." - Audrey Barker
Posted by wadiyyah on 7th Sep 2016
Admittedly I did not know what to expect from the info that I received, however, I am forever a changed woman, an enlightened woman for it. I am now equipped with the knowledge to live well and encourage others of how to implement necessary changes in their lives so that they too can live fully and healthy. I really appreciate the depth the book goes into and am looking forward to taking my exam.
I now enter my doctors office armed with new inquiries and confident about how to take better care of myself.
Evaluation of Longevity Specialist course work
Posted by Gretchen on 22nd Jul 2015
I am about 1/2 way through the material but have found it fascinating and very informative.