Revamped and More Dynamic and Practical Than EverWe recently updated this program to make it even better.
- We updated the curriculum to include the most-up-to-date research on nutrition, holistic health, and behavior change
- We added foundational nutrition information on macro and micro nutrition throughout the life cycle
- We included videos, case studies, and simulated coaching sessions
The Certified Holistic Nutritionist program is our most popular program, and for good reason. People need help managing their chronic diseases and optimizing their personal health. People are searching for a better way to learn about the fundamentals of food and nutrition and the science and skills of behavior change and communication. This is that better way.
What Can I Expect From The Program?
- Dynamic Learning Methodologies - Includes a variety of learning methodologies to support different types of learners
- Up-To-Date Curriculum – Features the latest research on nutrition, holistic health, and health behavior change
- Business Resources – Offers support for applying the knowledge and skills gained in the program in a professional setting
- Affordable Financial Investment – Costs less than the market value and is payable through a payment plan
- Flexible Course of Study – Can be completed online, from anywhere and at any time
What You’ll Get:
This program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence, and tools that you’ll need to begin your journey as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist.
- Digital e-books and physical textbooks
- Scientific articles and technical articles
- Online community discussions and case study assignments
- A comprehensive guide on the most common dietary protocols
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms
- Reference handouts to use in nutrition coaching sessions
- Simulated coaching session videos
- 10.5 hours of video/audio lectures with transcripts
A Brief Look Inside The Curriculum:
Introduction to Holistic Nutrition Practice
- Unit 1: Introduction to the nutrition and wellness industries
- Unit 2: Nutrition as a profession
- Unit 3: Nutrition on a Global Landscape and The Role of Integrative and Holistic Professionals
- Unit 4: Ethics and Professional Conduct
Introduction to Food and Nutrition Science
- Unit 1: Structural Organization of the Human Body
- Unit 2: An Overview of Nutrients
- Unit 3: Digestion, Absorption, and Transport
Metabolism and Nutrition
- Unit 1: Overview of Metabolic Reactions
- Unit 2: Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Unit 3: Lipid Metabolism
- Unit 4: Protein Metabolism
- Unit 5: Metabolic States of the Body
- Unit 6: Energy and Heat Balance
- Unit 7: Vitamins and Minerals
- Unit 8: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
The Most Complete Holistic Program on the Market:
- Help people implement nutritional strategies to make their lives better
- Get the cognitive skills to be a better coach and applicable career-building resources—all in one program
- Gain multiple opportunities to apply knowledge in the real world, with detailed coaching exercises and a business basics toolkit
- Discover the most up-to-date research information and coaching strategies
What Other Students Are Saying
Accreditation & Continuing Education You Can Count On
- All AFPA holistic nutrition program curriculums fully meet the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) board educational requirements, making any AFPA nutrition graduate eligible to become a Board Certified Nutrition Professional
- All AFPA nutrition program curriculums also fully meet the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB) accreditation board educational requirements. AFPA graduates are eligible to apply to become a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioner through ANMAB.
- Graduates of AFPA nutrition and coaching programs are eligible to apply for the American Natural Wellness Coach (ANWCB) or the American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners (AANWP) board certification.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program is internationally accredited by the Federation for Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- The Holistic Nutrition Certification program is internationally accredited as an approved training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program is approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for a total of 30 NANP Category 1 CEUs.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification Program is approved by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) for a total of 1.9 NASM CEUs.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification Program is approved by the Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) for a total of 15 AFAA CEUs.
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Holistic Nutrition Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist” on your certificate.