Build The Life-Changing Career You’re Proud OfBecome an AFPA Certified Holistic Nutritionist in 6 months or less.
- Do you feel like your potential is being wasted in your current profession?
- Are you seeking a more fulfilling career? One that allows you to create a positive impact helping others?
- Do friends often ask you for nutrition advice on how to eat healthy?
The AFPA Holistic Nutrition Certification online program provides an unprecedented, evidence-based, professional training in holistic nutrition, whole foods and plant-based nutrition.
What Can I Do As a Holistic Nutritionist?
As an AFPA Certified Holistic Nutritionist trained in natural complementary nutrition, you’ll be able to:
- Coach clients on how to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of major health complaints
- Design personalized lifestyle programs that optimize health
- Educate on good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life
- Explore nutrition principles, food plans, diet modifications, and food selection and preparation
- Evaluate optimal nutritional needs, diet restrictions, and current health plans; identify nutritional plans and risk factors of chronic disease
- Organize and evaluate foods that are optimal for each individual’s needs
- Consult on habits for consciously eating healthy foods that promote vibrant physical and mental health while supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease
- Direct clients on the benefits of a plant-based diet, macro and micronutrient intake, herbs, spices, different dietary theories, and other nutrition considerations
What You’ll Get:
This program will provide you with all of the knowledge, core skills, confidence, and tools that you'll need to begin your journey as a Certified Holistic Nutritionist.
You will gain access to an abundance of materials containing three modules full of fascinating information, life lessons, and thought-provoking activities.
- All course materials
- Digital eBook or physical textbook based on your learning preference
- Module practice quizzes and module assignments
- Multimedia learning: 16 hours of online video/audio lectures with transcripts
- Online final exam
- 28-day meal plan (includes shopping list and recipes)
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Forms, worksheets, checklists, and client questionnaires
A Look Inside The Curriculum:
The Science Behind Holistic Nutrition
Dive into basic anatomy and physiology, learning each major system of the body and how they interrelate. You’ll learn the models of health and disease, both traditional and holistic, and discover which whole foods, herbs, and spices have been scientifically proven to prevent and reverse disease. You will also learn what to eat in order to help treat the top 15 causes of death, foods we should consume every day, and which to avoid.
Nutrition Consultant Skill Development
The Nutrition Counseling Skills Development module provides a step-by-step guide to the understanding the fundamental skills of counseling strategies and protocol, complemented by worksheets and practical case studies.
Review practical examples and case studies on various approaches, strategies, and common nutritional assessments in a variety of settings.
- Worksheets and questionnaires related to client sessions
- Forms and checklists for beginning practitioners
Holistic Health Research Presentations
In the Holistic Health Research Presentations module, you’ll learn the most current research to date, including practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families and identify common risk factors and lifestyle recommendations.
Learn more about: GMOs; the importance of organic food and products; a wide variety of diets including veganism, vegetarianism, Paleo, dairy-free; whole foods, herbs, and supplements. These evidence-based nutrition presentations will guide you toward a better understanding of how to implement daily changes in order to achieve full body wellness. Learn how to incorporate simple dietary changes that will set your clients up for success.
This Program Is Perfect For Anyone Who Is:
- Just starting out in the health, fitness, or wellness industry
- Passionate about health and considering a career change
- Looking to deepen his/her knowledge of holistic nutrition
- Already an established health professional, such as a personal trainer, wanting to expand his/her education and “wow” his/her clients
What Other Students Are Saying
Accreditation & Continuing Education You Can Count On
- All AFPA holistic nutrition program curriculums fully meet the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) board educational requirements, making any AFPA nutrition graduate eligible to become a Board Certified Nutrition Professional
- All AFPA nutrition program curriculums also fully meet the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board (ANMAB) accreditation board educational requirements. AFPA graduates are eligible to apply to become a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioner through ANMAB.
- Graduates of AFPA nutrition and coaching programs are eligible to apply for the American Natural Wellness Coach (ANWCB) or the American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners (AANWP) board certification.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program is internationally accredited by the Federation for Holistic Therapists (FHT).
- The Holistic Nutrition Certification program is internationally accredited as an approved training provider by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification program is approved by the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) for a total of 30 NANP Category 1 CEUs.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification Program is approved by the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) for a total of 1.9 NASM CEUs.
- The Holistic Nutritionist Certification Program is approved by the Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) for a total of 15 AFAA CEUs.
Are There Payment Plans?
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the Holistic Nutrition Certification Program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist” on your certificate.