8.0 CECs / Book / Quiz
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a professional cyclist, proper conditioning is essential for injury prevention. The Cycle Injury Prevention Specialist course provides all the knowledge needed to help implement and improve cycling nutritional performance, prevent cycling injuries and enhance training techniques for pain-free cycling.
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Cycling Injury Prevention Objectives:
- Increase your knowledge to help cyclists develop good nutritional habits.
- Learn and implement bicycle safety and first aid.
- Recognize cycling-related injury and medical problems that affect the body.
- Learn how to minimize the need for recovery and how the body responds to physical training.
- Implement training techniques to enhance your client's workout with exercises to help prevent injuries.
Level and Hours:
- Intermediate / Advanced and 8 Hours to complete.
Fitness Tools Needed:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands
Online and Book Course Facts:
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smartphone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course, your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
- 30-question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
- 8-9 Hours / AFPA CECs Award = 8.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies, so if you have a double certification, the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.
Cycling Injury Prevention Reviews:
- "Very well organized, executed and full of very valuable information. Any trainer, especially those who have any clients who cycle, can utilize this course. The course will bring valuable education and information regarding the basics to the various complexities of the sport of cycling. The beginner to the elite can benefit from this course. A great addition to any trainer's library and/or kept as a reference tool." - Cassandra Henkiel
- "As a bicycle enthusiast, I thought the book was both interesting and well written." - Carol Haley