8.0 CEC's / Book / Quiz
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a professional cyclist, proper conditioning is essential for injury prevention. The Cycle Injury Prevention Specialist course provides all the knowledge needed to help implement & improve cycling nutritional performance, prevent cycling injuries and enhance training techniques for pain-free cycling.
This course is an AFPA Endorsed Education Provider Course By GMP Fitness.
Cycling Injury Prevention Objectives:
- Increase your knowledge to help cyclists develop good nutritional habits.
- Learn and implement bicycle safety and first aid.
- Recognize cycling-related injury and medical problems that affect the body.
- Learn how to minimize the need for recovery & how the body responds to physical training.
- Implement training techniques to enhance your client's workout with exercises to help prevent injuries.
Level and Hours:
- Intermediate/Advanced and 8 Hours to complete.
Fitness Tools Needed:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands.
Online and a Book Course Facts:
- Online content, plus you get a book. You can review all online content first as you wait for the book to be shipped to you. And then you would review the book.
- Part of the course content can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book that is shipped.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
- 30 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
Cycling Injury Prevention Reviews:
- "A very well organized, executed and full of very valuable information. Any trainer, especially those who have any clients that cycle can utilize this course. The course will bring valuable education & information regarding the basics to the various complexities of the sport of cycling. The beginner to the elite can benefit from this course. A great addition to any trainers library and/or kept as a reference tool. " - Cassandra Henkiel
- "As a bicycle enthusiast, I thought the book was both interesting and well written." - Carol Haley
- 8-9 Hours / AFPA CEC's Award = 8.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.