Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a professional cyclist, proper conditioning is essential for injury prevention. The Cycle Injury Prevention Specialist course provides all the knowledge needed to help implement & improve cycling nutritional performance, prevent cycling injuries and enhance training techniques for pain-free cycling.
This course is an AFPA Endorsed Education Provider Course By GMP Fitness.
Cycling Injury Prevention Objectives:
- Increase your knowledge to help cyclists develop good nutritional habits.
- Learn and implement bicycle safety and first aid.
- Recognize cycling-related injury and medical problems that affect the body.
- Learn how to minimize the need for recovery & how the body responds to physical training.
- Implement training techniques to enhance your client's workout with exercises to help prevent injuries.
Level and Hours:
- Intermediate and 8 Hours to complete.
Fitness Tools Needed:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands.
Course Kit Includes:
- 300 Page Book.
- Cycling Injury Prevention Specialist CD.
- Cycling Injury Prevention Specialist Content sectioned into PDF files for easy viewing.
- Client and trainer conditioning charts.
- Online Exam Instructions are included in the package.
Qualifications to take the CE Course & Online Exam Details:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
- Instructions are included in the package.
- There are 25 questions. A passing score is 20 questions correct.
- Currently a PDF of your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you.
Cycling Injury Prevention Reviews:
- "A very well organized, executed and full of very valuable information. Any trainer, especially those who have any clients that cycle can utilize this course. The course will bring valuable education & information regarding the basics to the various complexities of the sport of cycling. The beginner to the elite can benefit from this course. A great addition to any trainers library and/or kept as a reference tool. " - Cassandra Henkiel
- "As a bicycle enthusiast, I thought the book was both interesting and well written." - Carol Haley
Cycling Injury Prevention Specialist CECs/CEUs:
|ACSM||American College of Sports Medicine||8.00|
|AFPA||American Fitness Professionals Association||8.00|
|CI||The Cooper Institute||8.00|
|ISSA||International Sports Sciences Association||8.00|
|NAFC||National Association for Fitness Certification||0.80|
|NESTA||National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association||0.80*|
|NETA||National Exercise Trainers Association||8.00|
|NSPA||National Strength Professionals Association||8.00|
|NFPT||National Federation of Professional Trainers||1.00|
|PFIT||Professional Fitness Instructor Training||8.00|
|WITS||World Instructor Training Schools||8.00|
* Note: NESTA credits, however a CEU Petition Form will need to be filled out and there may be a small fee.