The AFPA Cycle Instructor Certification course is designed for the instructor who wants to expand their teaching capabilities to indoor cycling. This program utilizes various cycling programs’ strengths to create a well- rounded cycle instructor who can instruct on any indoor cycle.
Topics include safe and effective cycle class design, cycling techniques for endurance, speed and strength, choreography and example workouts, studio setup & design, and much more!
Cycle Instructor Certification Course Includes:
- No Travel Is Necessary
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- All Learning Materials Included - 2 Course Textbooks, 4 Instructional DVD's, Log Book
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Weekly AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
- Member Discount Offers
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
Cycle Instructor Certification Course Objectives:
- Identify and explain proper bike setup, riding alignment, and safety considerations.
- Explain and practice warm ups for stationary indoor cycling.
- Distinguish basic indoor cycling class techniques and music.
- Construct and employ different indoor cycle classes.
- Apply cueing and coaching techniques on and off the bike.
- Prepare and demonstrate an example of an indoor cycling class.
- Identify various cycle related injuries and describe how to avoid them.
- Discuss diet and nutrition requirements for optimal performance.
Cycle Instructor Certification Course Topics include the following:
- Hand and Body Positions
- Warm-Up and Cool-Down
- Mental Preparation
- Basic fundamentals and techniques
- Basic Drills
- Intensity Training
- Building stamina by training for longer periods
- Interval Training & recovery phases
- Racing Techniques
- Rhythmic Drills
- Cycle Training Workouts
- Cycle Training and Muscle Conditioning
- Taking It to the Road
- Home Training
- Diet and Nutrition
- Nutrition Tips for Cyclists
- Optimal Training Techniques
- General Prevention and Treatment of Injuries
- Classification of Bicycling Medical Problems
- General Health Exercise Prescription
- Over Training and Burnout
- Bicycling for Kids, Juniors and Seniors
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and non-proctored exam. Submit exam by mail or email.
- Self-paced, self-study, complete assignments and final exam when you're ready
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Cycle Instructor” on your certificate.
Requirements for Enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Passing a final exam with 85% or higher. There is a retest fee of $75.00.