6.0 CEC's / Online / Quiz
Balance training is essential for everyone. People of all ages and abilities need to improve their balance. Bring more diversity and challenge to your group or personal training sessions with balance training exercises. Over 100 static balance training drills and progressions designed to challenge individuals of all fitness levels are explained and demonstrated. Get started today and enhance your client's workout with exercises to help improve balance.
This course is provided by GMP Fitness and endorsed by AFPA.
Balance Progressions Specialist Objectives:
- Discover what controls balance.
- Learn the basics of proprioception training.
- Gain assessment knowledge for balance.
- Examine the benefits of barefoot training.
- Discover the when and how to progress instability.
- Learn how to build a more stable foundation for individual client development.
- Amplify knowledge of basic balance training guidelines.
- Gain knowledge of static balance progressions.
- Expand knowledge on how to make smart equipment and exercise choices.
- Enhance proprioceptive awareness with effective warm-ups.
- Amplify knowledge of balance training tools.
- Learn how to make traditional balance exercises more progressive.
Balance Progressions Specialist Level and Hours:
- Intermediate and 6 Hours to complete.
Balance Progressions Specialist Fitness Tools Needed:
- Various low-tech tools. Example balance discs and domes and foam rollers.
Online Course Facts:
- Online education allows you to complete the course anytime and anywhere you want – you just need internet access and basic computer knowledge.
- All content is 100% online and can be viewed on your computer or tablet. It can also be viewed on your smart phone, but it is not recommended.
- After you purchase the course your information will be sent to GMP. You will receive a separate email from GMP with information about signing in to the GMP website where you will be able to register and have access to the course.
- A lesson plan is provided online.
- Please note nothing will be shipped to you.
- Content is Microsoft Windows and Mac compatible.
- Any course PDF documents can easily be viewed right in the web browser.
- Individuals must have the capability to open Adobe PDF files (this can be installed for FREE and if you do not have this you will be given a link so you can view all course content). You will also need to be able to open Microsoft Word files.
- GMP customer support.
Bonus Course Components:
- Trainer & Client Charts
- Customizable Training Plans
- Client Handouts
Balance Progressions Specialist Reviews:
- “This course was very informative and was well presented. I would highly recommend it to my colleagues.” - Judith Morosky
- “This was excellent material that I will be able to incorporate into my classes. Thanks for the wonderful program.” - Barbara V. Jarrel
Balance Progressions Specialist Qualifications to take the CE Course:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
- 24 question online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
- Passing the exam with 80% or higher.
- NO time limit to take the exam.
- 6-7 Hours / AFPA CEC's Award = 6.0
- Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals. This course is also approved by many other certification companies—so if you have a double certification the CECs may be able to be applied for that certification as well.