16.0 CEC's / Book / Quiz
Learn to identify appropriate tests for athletes or clients, making use of common low-cost equipment to administer the tests, interpreting data, adjusting training programs based on the results, and continually monitoring training with this Assessments for Sport and Athletic Performance CEC.
For each assessment, you will learn the step-by-step process and be provided the cues and directions to give the athlete or client being tested to ensure the tests are performed correctly. You’ll find a variety of protocols that do not require complicated equipment and can be conveniently conducted in your normal training environment. You’ll be able to assess your athletes or clients in the following areas:
- Anthropometrics and body composition
- Flexibility and balance
- Agility and sprinting
- Muscular strength and endurance
- Cardiorespiratory fitness
- External and internal training load
- Perceptual well-being and physical readiness
In addition, each assessment is accompanied by normative data to set baseline evaluations and to monitor progress over time. As a refreshing break from the typical complex tables, the normative data are displayed in modern, simplified figures that make it easy to quickly evaluate test results.
After completing Assessments for Sport and Athletic Performance, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify appropriate testing protocols for individuals or teams.
- Explain how often to administer tests.
- Describe how to select and use common low-cost equipment to administer tests.
- Interpret test data and associated normative data to evaluate test results.
- Explain how to adjust training programs based on test results.
- Describe how to monitor a client’s or athlete’s training program.
This continuing education course is appropriate for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.