Become a Certified Aquatic Fitness Instructor in 6 Months or Less
Water exercise is a popular choice for many people, and an excellent way to improve mobility, and stay strong without putting pressure on joints or bones.
The AFPA Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification is thoughtfully designed to prepare you to teach aquatics to all fitness levels.
Learn how to design workouts for different water depths, teach students how to control their own exercise intensity, organize smooth class routines, and design modified routines for all fitness levels - from beginners to seasoned water exercise veterans.
What Will I Do as an Aquatic Fitness Instructor?
As an AFPA Certified Aquatic Fitness Instructor, you will have the knowledge and confidence to successfully:
- Demonstrate a safe, effective, and sound water exercise program from land and/or water with modifications
- Instruct aquatic workouts for different water depths: shallow, transitional, and deep water
- Teach students how to control their own exercise intensity and how to safely use various equipment
- Define key terms and concepts relating to anatomy and biomechanics
- Apply the properties of water to class design
- Coach students on exercise science and the training principles of cardiorespiratory endurance training
Join over 110,000 AFPA certified professionals worldwide.With a 25-year legacy of accredited expertise, AFPA is a frontrunner in health, holistic wellness, and specialized fitness programs. We’re proud to offer the best variety of flexible, affordable, and accessible programs on the market.
Study Anywhere At Your Own Pace
Enjoy the freedom to study on your own time from anywhere in the world.
Study guidelines and schedules are provided to help keep you on track. Take the test online when you’re ready!
Affordable and Flexible Payment Options
Get certified without breaking the bank.
Our certifications cost significantly less than degree programs, so they’re affordable programs with minimum financial risk.Financing options are available for all AFPA certification programs.
Kickstart Your Career with Included Client Resources
Support doesn’t stop once you’re certified.
You get exclusive access to lesson plans, guidelines for working with special populations, and assessment forms and evaluation sheets that will help you identify your clients' needs.
All Learning Materials Included
Your tuition covers everything.
Business Resources Included
Upon enrollment, we provide you with exclusive resources to help you establish, optimize, grow, and build your professional career.
Unlimited Student Support
Call, email, or chat with our educational advisors as often as you need before, during, and even after enrollment.
The Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification Program Includes:
- All course materials
- 2 certification textbooks
- Instructional video
- Guidelines for working with special populations
- Guidelines for functional fitness assessments
- 72 lesson plans for shallow and deep water
- Final exam
What You Will Learn:
This program is designed to prepare you for building challenging and effective aquatic classes for a variety of individuals.
Fundamentals of Water Exercise
- Physical laws and properties of water
- Water fitness class design
- Key differences between shallow-water and deep-water exercise
- Selecting the best format to meet objectives
- Lesson plans - warm-ups, cool-downs, variations & choreography
- Common names and anatomical terms for each exercise
- Modification to attract and cater to various populations
- Tips for cueing, choosing music and class preparation
Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Assessment and evaluation
- Swim stroke training and modification for rehabilitation
- Specialized aquatic cardiovascular training
- Neuromuscular training
- Upper-quarter musculoskeletal training
- Lower-quarter musculoskeletal training
“I am beyond THRILLED with my program so far. Easy to go at my own pace, easy to understand the process, and the content that I am learning is fantastic! I feel like I am truly being set up for success!”
Tara P.Verified Buyer
Is This Program Right For Me?You’re looking in the right place if you:
- Find it worthwhile helping others create lasting positive changes to their personal health by guiding them through uniquely challenging water exercises
- Have a growth mindset. Explore specialities to improve your skills and knowledge and enjoy thriving as a professional in an industry that is constantly evolving!
- Crave flexible job opportunities. Whether working in group settings or one-on-one, for yourself or at a wellness center, corporate wellness program, or community fitness center, the possibilities are endless when you’re AFPA certified.
Are There Payment Plans?Absolutely!
Pick the loan that fits your budget and make payments over three, six, or 12 months. Our payment plans offer instant approval and are safe and secure.Learn more
Do I Qualify?
To enroll in the Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification Course, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Have a solid understanding of the English language.
- You need a minimum final exam grade of 85% to pass.
A $75.00 retest fee will apply.
After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Aquatic Fitness Instructor” on your certificate.