The AFPA Sports Nutrition Certification course is perfect for nutrition coaching consultants, personal trainers, strength trainers, group fitness instructors, athletes of all levels and all associated health practitioners & enthusiasts! The optimum way for you or your clients to get the most out of their workouts and feel their best is to develop an energizing, performance-enhancing nutrition plan, tailored to their body's specific needs. Do that, and their on track to achieve the higher level of fitness and better overall health that they crave and you receive the recognition of being a superb training. Learn how to enhance your client's workouts and maximize their results with proper nutrition, safe and effective sports supplements, and beneficial vitamins and minerals! All Course materials and certification examination included.
Sports Nutritionist Certification Course Includes:
- ONLINE TEST - Submit your assignments and final examination online and receive your results immediately!
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- All Learning Materials - textbook & online instructional materials
- FREE Manual "Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Practitioners
- Worksheets and Questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- Practice Quizzes - Self assessments to test progress
- Student Online Workbook, web links, interactive flashcards & case studies
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- No Travel Necessary
The role of an AFPA Certified Sports Nutritionist:
- Assists clients in healthy eating habits and meeting their athletic and sports performance goals.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant offers a sound performance nutritional plan.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant should advise and present a balanced nutritional strategy that leads to optimal performance.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant is effective in discussing pros and cons of supplementation and optimal performance meal plans.
- A Certified Sports Nutrition & Wellness Consultant offers nutritional plans for specific athletic or sports events and training.
Sports Nutritionist Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Identify the effects of eating disorders on sports performance, including bulimia and anorexia.
- Examine the general principals of nutrition, including the importance of fat in the diet.
- Assist athlete’s in understanding the importance of meal timing for optimal performance results.
- Administer a safe, effective and reasonable weight loss program for athletes who cut weight-wrestlers, gymnasts, weight lifters, bodybuilders.
- Examine the psychological link that exists between individuals and eating disorders.
- Describe the recommendations for micronutrient intake in athletes based on the current research.
- Differentiate between a health carbohydrate and unhealthy carbohydrate.
- Construct an eating plan to assist a client to lose body fat, while minimizing the loss of lean body mass.
- Interpret the relationship between nutrition and immune function in athletes.
- Design consent, disclaimer and disclosure statements between clients and consultant.
Sports Nutritionist Certification Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Dietary patterns that maximize performance and prevent disease for improved health
- Research advancements in ergogenic aids
- Sample eating plans that show you how to fuel for specific workouts.
- Eating well before games or tournaments and refueling afterward for optimal recovery.
- Decipher current food, diet, and supplement options and understand which are best and why
- How to overcome food and weight obsessions
- How to lose undesired body fat while maintaining energy for exercise
- Strategies to boost energy, reduce stress, control weight, improve health & enhance workouts
- Introduction to Nutrition for Exercise and Health
- Carbohydrates As a Fuel for Exercise
- Fat As Fuel for Exercise
- Protein and Exercise
- Energy and Nutrient Balance
- Achieving Healthy Body Weight
- Body Composition
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- B-Complex Vitamins Important in Energy Metabolism
- Antioxidant Nutrients
- Minerals and Exercise
- Micronutrients Important in Blood Formation
- Nutrients for Bone Health
- Nutrition and Fitness Assessment
- Nutrition and the Active Female
- Ergogenic Substances: Evaluating Sport Nutrition Products
- Nutrition Consultation with Athletes
- Weight Management for Endurance and Ultra-endurance Athletes
- Strength/Power Athletes
- Team Sport Athletes
- Special Populations
- Jobs in Sports Nutrition
- You Are the Nutrition Coach – Answers
- The Gastrointestinal Tract
- Major Metabolic Pathways Calculations and Conversions
- Growth and Body Mass Index Charts
- Includes the newly released MyPlate
- New calcium and Vitamin D recommendations
- New World Anti-Doping Code and Prohibited Substances List
- More meal planning and snack ideas throughout the book
- Nutritional analyses for all recipes in the book
- Updated research covering carbohydrate intake and performance
- Updated sport beverage comparison chart with new products
- Expanded section on weight gain including meal plans
- Updated information on the Health Claims and Nutrient Content Claims
Comprehensive manual, video lessons, and online support material and self-assessment quizzes.
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Sports Nutritionist”
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Desire to help others in obtaining their nutritional and sports performance goals
Accreditations & Board Certification:
- AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, Weight Management Consultant, Holistic Nutrition curriculum fully meets the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board’s (ANMAB) Accreditation Board educational requirements. – See more at: www.anmab.org
- Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioners, Board Certified Nutritional Consultant or Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist through the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB). www.anmcb.org.
- AFPA has been granted full board accreditation by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Graduates of AFPA with nutrition credentials are eligible to apply to be board certified holistic health care practitioners through the AADP. AFPA graduates qualify for Board Certification through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). You may contact the AADP at 1-888-764-AADP.
- Passing an online or mail-in exam with 85% or higher. There is a $75.00 retest fee.
Sports nutrition review
Posted by Unknown on 24th Oct 2016
I love this course. I am never bored with the information because this is a subject I am passionate about. My only issue is that my first week of having the course, I emailed AFPA to ask what assignments/quizzes/bookwork were mandatory because they don't specify. Other than the lack of communication, the course is fantastic and I can't wait to finish it and possibly move on to more nutrition course offered by AFPA!
Posted by Lisa Shamaly on 23rd Jun 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and feel like I learned so much new information. Even the scientific information was easy to understand. I have friends who took a similar course offered by other sources and they did not have to write essays, etc. so I wonder how well they will retain the information. The assignments help to re-enforce what we learned and I feel it is necessary. I also truly appreciate the online supplements to help learn the info. Great well-rounded course.
Posted by Unknown on 25th May 2016
I am currently completing this course and I am enjoying it a lot. I especially like the online activities (crossword puzzles) and quizzes after each chapter. I know that these will help me to prepare for the final exam and solidify the information for me.