As a Running Injury Specialist you will learn the causes of the most common running injuries, and how enhance your client's workout with training techniques for pain free, performance running.
5.0 CEC's/AFPA Endorsed Education Provider Course By GMP Fitness
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Gain insight on common beginner running mistakes.
- Discover why spasms can stop you in your tracks.
- Learn the trigger points that affect runners.
- Learn self care techniques to prevent and eliminate spasms.
- Find the answer on choosing the right running surface.
- Learn how to gain the edge for optimum running performance.
- Understand muscles and the source of pain.
- Discover the training palette of an elite runner.
- Respect the importance of heart rate monitoring.
- Discover why foot care can enhance performance and efficiency.
- Apply the key workouts and four phases of fast runners.
- Understand time to rest body indicators.
- Gain insight on tips for your first race.
- Amplify knowledge about proper body alignment.
- Develop a preventive running exercise program.
- Understand the importance of cross-training.
- Gain insight on how to create a beginner running program.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Level and Hours to Complete:
- Intermediate and 6 hours to complete.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Fitness Tools:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Course Kit:
- Running Injury Prevention Specialist Manual — a PDF on the CD.
- Running Injury Prevention Specialist Workbook (With Drills) — a PDF on the CD (PRINTABLE — NEW).
- Online Exam
Qualifications to take the CE Course:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Online Exam Details:
- There are 25 examquestions. A passing score is 20 questions correct.
- Currently a PDF of your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you.
Running Injury Prevention Specialist Approved CECs/CEUs:
|ACE||American Council on Exercise||0.70|
|ACSM||American College of Sports Medicine||8.00|
|AFPA||American Fitness Professionals Association||8.00|
|CI||The Cooper Institute||8.00|
|ISSA||International Sports Sciences Association||8.00|
|NAFC||National Association for Fitness Certification||0.80|
|NASM||National Academy of Sports Medicine||0.80|
|NESTA||National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association||0.80*|
|NETA||National Exercise Trainers Association||7.00|
|NSPA||National Strength Professionals Association||8.00|
|NFPT||National Federation of Professional Trainers||1.00|
|PFIT||Professional Fitness Instructor Training||8.00|
|SFA||American Senior Fitness Association||0.70|
|WITS||World Instructor Training Schools||8.00|
* Note: NESTA credits, however a CEU Petition Form will need to be filled out and there may be a small fee.
Posted by Lisa on 22nd Mar 2015
Great info! I am looking forward to incorporating this into our marathon training group!
Posted by Unknown on 28th Oct 2014
I loved the book I received and feel I will reference it in the future. Easy to read and find information. Very helpful.