Enroll in the Kickboxing Instructor Certification course and you will learn to successfully teach fitness kickboxing classes in a health club, martial arts school, corporate wellness center, and university physical education department or even in your own home!
This course is designed to prepare participants to teach safe and effective Kickboxing exercise programs through the development of leadership and technical skills.
Kickboxing Instructor Certification Course Includes:
- No Travel Is Necessary
- Study at your own pace
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- All Learning Materials Included - 2 Textbooks and 2 Instructional DVD's
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Weekly AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
- Member Discount offers
- AFPA offers many fitness specialty and advanced certification programs when you are ready to expand your career options in the fitness field.
Kickboxing Instructor Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Explain and demonstrate basic moves of Kickboxing.
- Identify participant’s skill levels and pairing them others at similar skill levels.
- Create specialized workouts using shadow boxing, heavy bag, speed bag, body bag and more.
- Employ the “Five Components of Fitness” with your class participants.
- Apply safety techniques and procedures in class to avoid injury.
- Implement the proper type of kick depending on the classroom situation- ax, roundhouse, out block, up block.
- Demonstrate correct biomechanics of punching-jabs, cross, upper-cut, hook and straight punch.
- Design a Kickboxing class to improve cardiovascular conditioning while improving over-all health.
- Implement optimal workouts, including those with no equipment.
Kickboxing Instructor Certification Course Topics include the following:
- Basic Techniques and Terminology Found in the Martial Arts from Self-Defense, Boxing & Kickboxing
- Integrating Partner Work & Utilizing Equipment For An Effective Cardio, Upper & Lower Body Workout
- Beginner to Advanced Techniques
- Training Outlines for A Variety of Classes
- Sample Programs with Equipment
- The examination is included in the packet
- Over 500 Photos for Detailed, Easy-to-Follow Instruction
- Cardio and Circuit Training of Professional Kickboxers
- Real Self-Defense Techniques & Bag Work
- Excellent Cross-Training Regimen to Enhance Any Activity, Sport or Martial Art
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and non-proctored exam. Submit exam by mail or email.
- Passing a non-proctored exam with 85% or higher. Two attempts at the exam are given.
- $50 retest fee applies if the passing requirement is not met at the end of the second exam attempt.
- Approximately 50 hours (complete within 6 months of purchase)
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Kickboxing Instructor” on your certificate.
Requirements for Enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
Continuing Education Credits/Units:
- 16.0 / 100 hours
- 16.0 CEC's
- Proof of CPR
The information provided in the textbooks were impressive, easy to understand and made the learning experience pleasurable. The information answered all of my questions. Thank you for the wonderful and informational textbooks and course materials.