Become a Certified in Holistic Nutrition and create lifestyle plans to support optimal health!
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program provides an unprecedented, evidence-based, professional training in holistic nutrition, whole foods and plant-based nutrition, which will provide you with a strong skill-set and the confidence to coach and consult with any client seeking to not only prevent, but reverse disease, and gain optimal health. Want to learn more about GMO's, organics, veganism, vegatarianism, wholefoods, Paleo, dairy, non-dairy and how to achieve total wellness? This program is for you! As a Certified Holistic Nutritionist trained in natural complimentary nutrition you will be able to coach, consult and advise clients on how to identify and help correct the nutritional causes of health complaints, and design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that optimize health.
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program includes all learning materials and testing:
- ONLINE TEST - Submit your assignments and final examination online and receive your results immediately!
- 7 DVD's and 5 Textbooks - lectures are on DVD's & available as Downloads
- FREE Guide on Establishing & Optimizing Your Holistic Business
- FREE Guide on Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Nutrition Practitioners
- Counseling & Lifestyle Management forms for starting your own business
- Worksheets and questionnaires to document and assess counseling sessions
- Forms, Worksheets and checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete the certification exam anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule are included to help you stay on track
- There are no extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- Weekly AFPA ENews & AFPA Blog - Sign up for AFPA eNews & Blog that provides the latest health & fitness research and trends
- Member Discount Offers - We offer discounts and deals to certified members
- NO Travel Necessary
What is Holistic Nutrition:
- Holistic nutrition is healing with whole foods; foods that are complete and nutrient dense in their natural state. Whole foods are those foods that contain balanced ratios of vitamins, minerals, fats, carbohydrates, sugars, and other vital nutrients in their most natural, chemical free state. Whole foods are those foods that are not altered, stripped or refined in any way so that our bodies can break them down and utilize them for maximum energy and help us reach our optimal health. Whole foods are organic, seasonal, and local, whenever possible, to ensure they are fresh, nutrient rich, chemical, pesticide and additive free.
- Did you know The American Institute for Cancer Research has established 10 recommendations for cancer prevention, beyond not using tobacco? The dietary message is: Diets that revolve around whole plant foods—vegetables, whole grains, fruits and beans—cut the risks of many cancers, as well as other diseases significantly.
- Did you know it is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.
- Most Americans consume highly processed and refined foods that accelerate the rate of chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Additionally, the obesity rate and type 2 diabetes in adults and children has become a national epidemic primarily due to these refined and processed foods. It is estimated that an American born in 2000 has a one in three chance of developing diabetes in his or her lifetime, and the risk is even greater for a Hispanic American or African American. Furthermore, it is estimated that 80 percent of type 2 diabetes cases can be prevented by a change in diet and exercise. The problem lies in getting people to change the foods they eat.
- YOU can help change this! Processed foods and beverages have become so commonplace that people often don’t see them for what they truly are. They think these artificial food substances are actually real foods. YOU can help to educate them! This course provides you with the latest clinical studies, cutting edge science and proven methods to empower your clients to achieve optimal health and take control of their own life, with your help!
A Certified Holistic Nutritionist May Perform Any Of The Following Tasks, But Not Limited To:
- Counsel clients on basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Assess optimal nutritional needs; assess diet restrictions and current health plans; develop and implement nutritional plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise on nutritional principles, food plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare optimal meal plans such as low-fat, low-cholesterol, plant based and chemical-free meals.
- Advise on habits for consciously eating healthy foods that promote vibrant physical and mental health, while supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease.
- Holistic Nutrition Consultants may perform the above, in addition to advising patients on buying organic, taking supplements, and other nutritional considerations.
- Career Trends in Holistic Nutrition discusses the differences in scope of practice for Holistic Nutrition, Dieticians, Nutritionists and Health & Wellness Coaches.
Holistic Nutritionist Certification Course Topics Include, But Not Limited To:
- Systems of the Body and How They Interrelate
- Traditional and Holistic Models of Health and Disease
- The Truth About the Modern Healthcare System
- A New Approach to Healthcare
- How to Prevent, Control and Reverse Chronic Disease
- Food Choices for Illness Recovery and Wellness
- Genetics and Nutrition
- Medicine vs. Supplementation
- USDA Conflicts of Interest
- Nutrition Facts and Labeling
- Preventing & Reversing Cancer - Foods to Eat, Foods to Avoid
- Dietary recommendations for Arthritis Treatments
- Latest Studies on Vegan vs. Vegetarian
- Carnivores vs. Herbivores
- Plants Foods vs. Animal Foods
- Farmed vs. Wild Foods
- Carcinogens, Pesticides, Parasites and Other Toxins
- Organics & Genetically Modified & Irradiated
- NutraSweet, MSG, Artificial Ingredients and Other Offenders
- Preventing Childhood Obesity and Allergies with Diet
- Enhancing Athletic Recovery and the Immune Response
- Protein, Soy, Dairy, Fats & Oils
- Milk and Diary Foods: Subject for Debate
- Dairy Substitutes
- Meat: Questions and Answers
- Seafood: Safety, Radioactivity & Farming
- Processed, Packaged & Snack Foods
- Beverages: Sugared, Artificial, Natural & Caffeinated
- Alkaline Diet, Protein, and Calcium
- Greens, Seaweed and other Superfoods for Super Health
- Eating Raw – Is It for everyone?
- The Healthiest, Most Nutrient Dense Foods
- Great, Good and Bad Killer Fats
- The Truth About Grains, Chocolate and Other Foods
- Time to Detoxify
- Recipes for Nutritional Detoxification
- Calorie Density and Eating Whole
- Identifying Challenges
- Meal Planning & Recipes
- Food Diary
- Pantry Essentials
- Cooking Recipes Carnivores vs. Herbivores
- Putting it all Together!
- Effective Counseling Relationship
- Nutrition Counseling Skills
- The Counseling Interview
- Goal Setting
- Design a Plan of Action
- Dietary Assessment
- Energy Determinations, Physical Assessment, Documentation/Charting
- Strategies to Promote Behavior Change
- Making Behavior Change Last
- Role of A Nutrition Counselor in Physical Activity Counseling
- Ending the Counseling Relationship
- Group Counseling
- Lifestyle Management Forms
- Worksheets & Questionnaires to Document & Assess Counseling Sessions
- Forms and Checklists for Easy Duplication
- Self-paced, self-study, complete your course within 6 months or less
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist”
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic understanding of nutrition & a healthy diet
- Desire to help others in obtaining their nutritional and optimal health goals
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and online or mail-in exam.
Accreditations & Board Certification:
- AFPA Nutrition & Wellness Consultant, Weight Management Consultant, Holistic Nutrition curriculum fully meets the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board’s (ANMAB) Accreditation Board educational requirements. – See more at: www.anmab.org.
- Graduates of AFPA are eligible to apply to be a Board Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioners, Board Certified Nutritional Consultant or Board Certified Holistic Nutritionist through the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board (ANMCB). www.anmcb.org.
- AFPA has been granted full board accreditation by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Graduates of AFPA with nutrition credentials are eligible to apply to be board certified holistic health care practitioners through the AADP. AFPA graduates qualify for Board Certification through the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). You may contact the AADP at 1-888-764-AADP.
- AFPA is a registered educational institution with the Canadian Association of Drugless Practioners (CADP) in the counrty of Canada with all the applicle rights, priviledges, and responsibilities.
Passing an online exam or mail-in exam with 85% or higher. There is a $75.00 retest fee.
**Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics(AND) Position Statement**
It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Full Position Paper.
Posted by Nikki on 22nd Jul 2016
I learned so much about nutrition and can't wait to share what I've learned. The program format is easy and simple to read. The video clarify all that I have read thus far. I'm loving everything about the product.
Posted by Shelley Alive on 1st Jun 2016
I am absolutely loving it! Having taken the Nutrition and Wellness Consultant certification program prior, it really set me up for this program. I can't wait to utilize and share all of this information with my loved ones and clients. I highly recommend this program for all.
Lots of great information
Posted by Sabrina on 29th Apr 2016
I'm only 5 weeks in out of 17 but what I've learned so far has been amazing. Before starting this course I did a lot of my own research about whole nutrition but this course gives you even more from many different places! Loving it so far and can't wait to start saving lives through the simple act of eating!
Very good program
Posted by Julie on 18th Mar 2016
Interesting course materials in a nicely laid out program. It was all that I had hoped it would be.
Posted by Angela on 21st Oct 2015
I love it. This is what I am looking for. Full of information and healthily lifestyle and changing my habit :)eating right.
Posted by Unknown on 9th Oct 2015
Such a great product for holistic nutrition information. Has a variety of different sources. Full of information. For an initial study I truly recommend
Posted by Noemi on 30th Sep 2015
I haven't finished everything yet (I wish I had more freetime to spend over the books), but what I have read or watched is very good. It may seem basic but it's very important for me that the books' sheets have very good quality, I can higlight the important info or write on the pages and it cannot be seen on the other side of the paper :D The book is a good read. Thanks for the loads of information!
Posted by Jill on 20th Apr 2015
I'm loving everything so far! I love the books and all the information on the DVDs I look forward to watching them all! There's so much great info to learn, and they break it down for you very well . Can't wait to get through all of it
Exceeded My Expectations
Posted by Kylie on 4th Mar 2015
This course is a real eye-opener. I learned so much about the food industry and how it affects our health and food choices. Adapting a whole foods plant based diet makes so much sense to me know after hearing all the outstanding research studies on the matter. I have recommended this course to all my fellow nutrition and fitness professionals, and my friends and family just so they can be more educated on how and why they need to adapt a healthy lifestyle.
Posted by Julianna on 22nd Feb 2015
I love this certification! I love learning and reading all the material. Now I am able to help people with what I love and it's amazing!