The Golf Injury Prevention Specialist has been redesigned with 30 new exercises for the experienced Personal Trainer, Golf Fitness Specialist or Coach. Packed with over 40 advanced exercises and quick fix protocols to enhance the performance of all levels of experience.
6.0 CEC's/AFPA Endorsed Education Provider Course By GMP Fitness
Golf Injury Prevention Specialist Objectives:
- Discover important facts about type and frequency of golf injuries.
- Compare the differences of injury between amateur and professional golfers.
- Study the most common golf injuries and learn exercise to help clients prevent them.
- Gain insight on sprains, spasms and the muscle groups.
- Amplify knowledge of spasms and how they cause referred pain.
- Learn how golfers can avoid needless surgery and play golf without pain.
- Understand what injuries are of special concern among golfers.
- Discover why your feet are the foundation of your body.
- Get to know why orthotics can enhance golf performance and efficiency.
- Gain knowledge on common swing faults and corrections.
- Amplify knowledge on how to market your golf fitness business.
- Golf Conditioning Exercises include:
--- 16 Quick Fix protocols
--- 10 Advanced protocols
--- 15 Cable exercises and simulated swing motions
Golf Injury Prevention Specialist Level and Hours:
- Intermediate and 6 Hours to complete.
Golf Injury Prevention Specialist Course Kit:
- Golf Injuries Prevention Specialist Manual. Online Exam Instructions are included in the package
Golf Injury Prevention Specialist Online Exam Details:
- Instructions are included in the package. There are 40 questions. A passing score is 32 questions correct. Currently a PDF of your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you.
Qualifications to take the CE Course:
- You must be at least 18 years of age. We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
Fitness Tools Used:
- Stability Ball, Resistance Bands
Golf Injury Prevention Specialist Recommended Reading:
- Dr. Divot's Guide to Golf Injuries - this book teaches the reader how to prevent and treat most common golf injuries, including injuries to the back, wrist, elbow, shoulder, and knee.
- Pain-Free Golf - Pain–free Golf explains why muscles are causing each of these conditions and shows you how to self–treat the source of the problem. The Julstro treatments can be done thoroughly at home, or as a spot–treatment when a pain is preventing you from enjoying your game.
Golf Injuries Prevention Specialist Reviews:
- "I gained the confidence in leading golf clients toward more useful stretches and I will help advise and implement the techniques in the booklet." - Wendy Dykema
- "Great course! Looking forward to implementing the information to my golfers. Appreciate the user friendly language in this course. To the point illustrations. Thanks a bunch.” - Ann-Kristen
Golf Injury Prevention Specialist Approved CECs/CEUs:
|ACE||American Council on Exercise||0.50|
|ACSM||American College of Sports Medicine||6.00|
|AFPA||American Fitness Professionals Association||6.00|
|CI||The Cooper Institute||6.00|
|ISSA||International Sports Sciences Association||6.00|
|NAFC||National Association for Fitness Certification||0.60|
|NASM||National Academy of Sports Medicine||0.60|
|NESTA||National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association||0.60|
|NETA||National Exercise Trainers Association||5.00|
|NSPA||National Strength Professionals Association||6.00|
|NFPT||National Federation of Professional Trainers||1.00|
|PFIT||Professional Fitness Instructor Training||6.00|
|SFA||American Senior Fitness Association||0.50|
|WITS||World Instructor Training Schools||6.00|