16.0 CEC's / Book
This course includes new studies and current research findings on resistance training and physical conditioning; and resistance training programs for women, children, seniors and those training for sporting activities.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
• design scientifically sound resistance training programs,
• modify and adapt programs to meet the needs of special populations, and
• understand how exercise prescription design works in the real world.
Also discussed are basic training systems and program prescriptions designed to enhance strength, power, and endurance. The new edition contains three chapters dedicated to resistance training issues and concerns for children, women, and seniors, including how to modify and adapt such programs to address the special needs and concerns for each group.
Designing Resistance Training Programs, Third Edition, also contains these updated features:
• Summaries recap the important points in each chapter for readers who want a quick review.
• Key terms are highlighted and listed at the end of each chapter to help readers identify the most important ideas.
• Selected readings provide additional books and journal articles for more in-depth knowledge on the subject.
• Case studies use examples of exercise prescription design in real-life situations involving wrestling, personal fitness, and volleyball.