Learn how to implement Agility, Balance and Coordination training techniques with all your clients!
Agility, balance and coordination (ABC) training isn’t just for athletes. Accelerate your non-athletic clients physical ability and performance with a new set of skills, drills and training techniques. You will learn over 100 training activities and variations to improve agility, balance and coordination, all designed for the trainer with limited space.
This course is an AFPA Endorsed Education Provider Course By GMP Fitness.
You will learn:
- Examine what controls balance and its importance to agility and coordination
- Learn the basics of proprioception training
- Gain assessment knowledge for balance, agility and coordination
- Discover fun ways to improve footwork, control, balance, agility and coordination
- Learn how to build a stable foundation before ABC development
- Gain knowledge of ABC Training progressions
- Expand knowledge on how to make smart equipment and exercise choicesEnhance balance, agility & coordination with effective warm-ups
- Amplify knowledge of ABC Training drills
Course Kit Includes:
- ABC Fitness Training Specialist Manual — a PDF on the CD.
- ABC Fitness Training Specialist Agility Training — Supplemental Section --- a PDF on the CD.
- ABC Fitness Training Specialist Agility Training — Supplemental Section — Trainer Charts — PDFs on the CD (PRINTABLE).
- ABC Fitness Training Specialist — Trainer charts — PDFs on the CD (PRINTABLE).
- ABC Fitness Training Specialist Drill Workbook — a PDF on the CD (PRINTABLE — NEW).
- Online Exam
Level and Hours:
- Intermediate and 6 Hours to complete
- Various low-tech tools. Example balance discs, foam rollers and agility rings & slats
Qualifications & Online Exam Details:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- We also strongly recommend a personal trainer certification and a current certification in CPR.
- Instructions are included in the package. There are 22 questions. A passing score is 18 questions correct.
- Currently a PDF of your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you.
ABC Fitness Training Specialist Reviews:
- “Great solid training building blocks to further any clients fitness program at any fitness level and/or client population. This course is suitable for any trainers tool box, regardless of experience or expertise.”- Cassandra Henkiel
- “I gained new ideas from the ABC Fitness Training coure to challenge my clients and to add new drills as they progress.” - Shanna Huber
- I gained ideas to further vary the sessions I conduct with clients and teams that I work with. I will integrate the drills I learned into practices and sessions with my young athletes and use the balance exercises with my older clientele." - Christine A Eberlein
- “I have gained ideas for testing and drills and will recommend this course a lot.” - Elizabeth B Lopez
- “Great solid training building blocks to further any clients fitness program at any fitness level and/or client population. This course is suitable for any trainers tool box, regardless of experience or expertise.” - Cassandra Henkiel
ABC Fitness Training Specialist Approved CECs/CEUs For Personal Trainer Certification:
American Council on Exercise
|American Fitness Professionals Association||6.00|
|The Cooper Institute||6.00|
|International Sports Sciences Association||6.00|
|National Association for Fitness Certification||0.60|
|National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association||0.60*|
|National Exercise Trainers Association||5.00|
|National Strength Professionals Association||6.00|
|National Federation of Professional Trainers||1.00|
|Professional Fitness Instructor Training||6.00|
|American Senior Fitness Association||0.50|
|World Instructor Training Schools||6.00|
* Note: NESTA credits, however a CEU Petition Form will need to be filled out and there may be a small fee.