The AFPA Advanced Personal Training Certification course is full of valuable information about in depth testing protocols, assessment techniques for muscular imbalances and advanced programs for healthy clients, athletes and sporting activities. You will learn how to develop goal oriented exercise programs for the de-conditioned, conditioned and athletic clients. AFPA Advanced Personal Trainer graduates have the educational tools necessary to take themselves to the next level in their career as a Personal Trainer. In order to participate in this advanced program you must have a current certification as a Personal Trainer, or similar thereof.
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course Topics Include, but not limited to:
- Learn how to test and build up the nine essential fitness components including power, strength, speed, quickness, coordination, agility, flexibility, local muscular endurance, and cardiovascular aerobic capacity and endurance.
- Discover the assessment tests to help find the imbalances in movement patterns. Sample corrective exercises are demonstrated to improve mobility and stability, and ways to integrate these exercises into a regular training program.
- Learn how to expose and overcome weaknesses to form a foundation for long-term training gains.
- Identify functional weaknesses and correct imbalances.
- Learn how to refine specific movement skills such as jumping, kicking, cutting, and turning.
- Tailor the training exercises and drills to the development of sport-specific performance factors.
- Periodize training programs precisely for peak performance at critical points in the competitive season, and if necessary, use a safe and effective reconditioning regimen to bring a clients athlete back from injury.
- Case Study Exercise Prescriptions
- Advanced Training Strategies
Prerequisites for AFPA Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer Certification:
- Proof of Personal Trainer Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma, GED or International equivalent
- Valid for 16.0 AFPA CEC's
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course Contents:
- All Learning Materials Included - Textbooks and Instructional DVD's
- Test When You’re Ready – Complete examination anytime within 6 months from enrollment
- Study at Your Own Pace - Course Study Guidelines and Completion Schedule to stay on track
- Unlimited Student Support – Before, during and after enrollment
- No Added Fees - All materials and examination included
- Weekly AFPA eNews with latest health and fitness trends
- Member Discount Offers
- No Travel Is Necessary
Advanced Personal Trainer Certification Course Learning Objectives:
- Identify the process of progressive muscular overload with application to athletes.
- Demonstrate the differences between Isometric and Isokinetic resistance with application for sports.
- Explain the endocrine systems response to resistance training.
- Differentiate the cardio-vascular training effects and high intensity resistance training effects on over-all cardio-vascular health.
- Interpret the physiological effects on the human body of aerobic, anaerobic and interval training.
- Construct a periodization program to improve performance.
- Design an exercise program based on the principals of specialization and lifting techniques.
- Interpret the detraining phenomenon on both motor performance and strength loss.
- Compare men and women’s response to developing strength and power.
- Demonstrate a safe and effective training program to improve over-all power and strength.
- Comprehensive manuals, video lessons, and final exam. Submit exam by mail or email.
- Self-study, self-paced, test when you are ready
- After successful completion, you will earn the title of “Advanced Personal Trainer” on your certificate.
Passing an online or mail-in exam with 85% or higher. There is a $75.00 restest fee.
Advance Personal Trainer Excellent & Informative
Posted by Steven on 23rd Sep 2016
Does like it says, takes the personal trainer to the next step.
Best Training for being the BEST!
Posted by Karen on 22nd Sep 2014
AFPA's Training Material's cover all areas to be the BEST Personal Trainer ! They make sure you know what you are doing 100% ! I am always very confident with my clients as to what programs I design for them ! Would not go through any other company for my main certs! Karen , Vista CA